There’s no doubt about it: Teaching can be challenging. But it also comes with some pretty wacky and wonderful upsides. Here are some of our favorite #teacherperks from Instagram.
1. When you dress up like the Queen of England.
Wacky costumes for the win.
2. When someone names a crayon after you.
This is actually the cutest.
3. When you cuddle with a baby kangaroo.
Hooray for field trips!
4. When you get 30 birthday cards.
Say it with me now: Aww!
5. When you wear a crown like the queen that you are.
You’re 100 days smarter! Yay!
6. When you have an excuse to buy ALL the office supplies.
Laura admits she has a problem. “At least these are all from Dollar Tree,” she writes.
7. When you wear a zebra onesie … to work.
Seriously, can’t EVERY Friday be onesie day?
8. When someone hands you these beauties during recess.
Nothing beats a dandelion crown.
9. When these show up on your desk.
10. When you get one of these.
This teacher writes, “One of my students left this on my desk at the end of the day. She also left a tiny Mason jar filled with various little hearts she made out of different pieces of paper.” ??
11. When you write on bananas.
Love these motivational messages for Girls on the Run.
12. When summer is around the corner.
It is. It really is!
13. When you get a snow day.
Work it, girl.
14. When you invent a board game.
AND it’s Harry Potter–related.
15. When you have Scholastic Bonus Points to spend.
They’re even better when you find something awesome to buy for the class.
16. When students give YOU a reward for a change.
“I was informed that they usually save that for the person who was good ALL day … I nearly cried.”
17. When mornings are magical.
“Most days I complain about school starting so early. Today was not one of those days. Took my freshman photo class out to shoot in the morning light and had awesome results.”
18. When one of your students is a barber and gives you a lunchtime cut.
What? Can this happen at my school?!
19. When a kid draws this cow.
Best. Cow. Ever.
20. When a student’s grandma knits you mittens.
21. When you receive an unexpected proposal … with this awesome ring.
Spoiler alert: She had to say no.
22. When your lamination game is on point.
You can almost smell that hot plastic.
23. When a student becomes an Eagle Scout.
24. When you have to bring home a friend for the weekend.
It’s for science, people.
25. When everyone’s hands go up.
26. When someone draws your portrait.
That one’s a framer.
27. When grades are (finally) turned in.
It’s happy hour o’clock.