Do you have an inspirational, funny or practical teacher story to tell? We’d love to hear it.
WeAreTeachers welcomes submissions on a wide range of topics pertaining to education and teacher life. We also accept submissions for our sister site, School Leaders Now. If we publish your submission, you will receive a $100 honorarium. Plus, if you’re a blogger, we’ll include a link to your blog or website.
Before submitting, we recommend reviewing the WeAreTeachers blog to understand our style, format, and tone. Most of our blog posts run between 500–700 words, although some are much less, particularly articles written in list format.
Right now, we’re particularly looking for articles about:
- We are ALWAYS looking for more content from math and science teachers, as well as high school teachers.
- The most influential books for high-school students.
- My trick for teaching ____________________.
- My tips for dealing with student dating in middle school or high school.
- How to get teenagers to care about poetry.
- How I make my classroom “green” on a daily basis.
- My teacher Pinterest fails (pictures encouraged).
- My inventive way for using music/art/videos/podcasts in the classroom.
- How to do student rewards beyond elementary school.
- How I make the most out of my Dollar Store visit.
- Modern (and little-known) books I use in my English class.
- Why I make my own _____________________ for the classroom.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we can only respond to writers whose work we are interested in publishing. Thank you.