Do you have an inspirational, funny or practical teacher story to tell? We’d love to hear it.
WeAreTeachers welcomes submissions on a wide range of topics pertaining to education and teacher life. We also accept submissions for our sister site, School Leaders Now. If we publish your submission, you will receive a $100 honorarium. Plus, if you’re a blogger, we’ll include a link to your blog or website.
Before submitting, we recommend reviewing the WeAreTeachers blog to understand our style, format, and tone. Most of our blog posts run between 500–700 words, although some are much less, particularly articles written in list format.
Right now, we’re particularly looking for articles about:
- We are ALWAYS looking for more content from math and science teachers, as well as high school teachers.
- The most influential books for high-school students.
- How my outdoor classroom keeps me sane
- My middle school students love this project:
- How I teach my students about global warming
- 12 things you probably shouldn’t say to high schoolers
- I’ve been teaching for 20+ years, and I’m still positive because:
- I learned ____________ from one of my childhood teachers, and I still use it today
- How I use a creative approach to teach this tough subject:
- 8 ways I get my middle schoolers to care about their grades
- The pros and cons of the modern digital classroom
- Why I still embrace this old school teaching method:
- My inventive way for using music/art/videos/podcasts in the classroom.
- Modern (and little-known) books I use in my English class.
- Why I make my own _____________________ for the classroom.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we can only respond to writers whose work we are interested in publishing. Thank you.