Last Updated: February 13, 2020
We take protecting your personal information seriously.
Information We Collect and Use
We have designed WeAreTeachers.com so that visitors may anonymously access our content without revealing their identities. You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal data about yourself.
- Automatic Usage Data Collected through Cookies or Similar Technologies—With your consent or as otherwise permitted by law, when you visit WeAreTeachers.com including our social media pages or open our emails, we and other third-party vendors, such as advertising networks, social media widgets, affiliate partners, and analytics providers, collect certain information by automated means such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs. The Usage Data collected in this manner is used to improve the services we provide. To learn more about Google Analytics and information is used or how block collection of your information, visit https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites .
When we refer to “Personal Data” we mean any information relating to an identified natural person who can be directly or indirectly identified by a name, identification number, location data, or an online identifier. WeAreTeachers.com directly and through third-parties collects information that you directly provide to us from your use of the site. The information we collect and how we use it depends on how you use and access the Services provided on the site. We collect information, including Personal Data, as follows:
- Your Form Submissions on the Site—WeAreTeachers collects your Personal Data when you fill in any form on the site that may include signing up for an online newsletter, giveaway, free downloadable resources, or contact us forms. We use this information to respond to your request. We process this Personal Data as long as we have legitimate interest or based on your consent. You can have your information removed by unsubscribing from an email using the unsubscribe link or by emailing email@example.com.
- Your Login and Profile Submission—WeAreTeachers allows users to submit content such as comments to be published on the site along with profile information that includes your supplied first and last name. Users who want to publish comments, must establish a user ID and password to login to the site. To establish a User ID and password, we require your first name, last name, e-mail address, organization/district affiliation, country location, school zip code, and school name. This information is stored on WeAreTeachers’ secure servers and is not shared with any outside parties. You can have your information removed by logging in and deleting your account or sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Location—WeAreTeachers collects location data from personal data you submit to us or from using the third-party tool, Google Analytics that reports location based on your device’s IP address. We use this information to process your requests for materials that you may request get mailed to you or to inform future development of location specific content.
- Contests, Sweepstakes, and Promotions—WeAreTeachers provides its users with the ability to participate in contests, giveaways, sweepstakes, and other similar promotions that we or third parties may sponsor. Participation may require sharing your Personal Data with us or third parties sponsoring the program. As a condition to receiving any awards or prizes, you may be required to provide additional information, to sign a release, or to authorize the use of information about you in marketing materials. You should review the contest guidelines before deciding whether to participate.
WeAreTeachers uses industry standard website tracking and ad serving technology to serve you relevant advertising on and off WeAreTeachers.com. Our site displays advertisements to you based related content to the pages you are using or through our participation in advertising networks.
- Ad Serving—The ads appearing on our site is delivered to you by our advertising vendor, Google Ads Manager or through the Advanced Ads plug-in WeAreTeachers uses to deliver ads from our advertising partners. You can opt-out of cookies provided by our advertising vendors by going to these links. http://www.google.com/privacy/ads/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Affiliate advertising—We participate in affiliate advertising and publish affiliate links on some of our pages. This means that we may earn a commission when you click or make a purchase via affiliate links. Our published content with affiliate links includes a statement communicating to users that we may earn a commission by purchasing through the link.
Cookies and Other Information-Gathering Technologies
The following types of cookies are used by WeAreTeachers.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use the site (e.g. if you choose to hit the share button on one of our resources) and to help us improve how the site works.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver online advertisements on and off WeAreTeachers that are more relevant to you and your interests. (e.g. if you read an article about a product you may find an ad on Facebook served to your device for the same or similar product).
- The cookies used by WeAreTeachers are either first party or third-party cookies. First party cookies like the ones used when you log in to your WeAreTeachers account, are set by WeAreTeachers. Third party cookies, on the other hand, are stored by third-party providers and organizations with different domains such as Google or Facebook.
You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. Most web browsers default to accept cookies, but you can change those settings. If you delete your cookies or if you set your web browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not work or may not work as designed. For more information on cookies and how to disable them, see www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We Protect Personal Data
WeAreTeachers.com has commercially reasonable safeguards in place to protect against unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of Personal Data we maintain. Dun and Bradstreet requires employees to complete annual data management and security training. Dun and Bradstreet also manages a strict due diligence program for all our vendors to employ adequate data collection, processing, transfer, management, and security measures in carrying out their services on our behalf. Access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access such as our webmaster to help reset your password or delete your account upon your request and our communications manager who is responsible for sending you email communications based on your opt-in preferences. We only keep the information we collect for as long as the purpose we collected it for, and we delete it upon request. If you become aware of a security issue or want to request your personal data be deleted from our site, please email us at email@example.com.
Sale and Transfer of WeAreTeachers
If WeAreTeachers is purchased, the information collected will be considered an asset that can be transferred.
Children under Age 13
WeAreTeachers does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for WeAreTeachers or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on WeAreTeachers or use the Site in any way. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers of Personal Information from the EU/EEA, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland to the US under- Privacy Shield
WeAreTeachers, owned by Dun & Bradstreet, is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Other Transfer Mechanisms
Dun & Bradstreet also complies with EU/EEA to US cross border transfer requirements by entering into standard contractual clauses or using other mechanisms available under the EU Data protection laws. We also use data transfer agreements or other approved mechanisms for global transfers of personal information.
This dispute resolution program covers both offline data collection (e.g. personal information collected through our call centers or via postal mail) and online data collection (e.g., personal information collected via the Internet). If you are a citizen of the EU and you have any complaints regarding our compliance with relevant aspects of the data transfer laws and regulations surrounding data transfers from the EU you should contact us at: EUDPO@dnb.com or email@example.com
If you are not a citizen of the EU and you have a question or concern regarding Dun & Bradstreet’s Data Privacy practices, please contact the Chief Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call MDR Customer Service center at 800-333-8802 or to email@example.com.
Independent Dispute Resolution
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under the Privacy Shield, arbitration is an option available to an individual as a final recourse for claims that a Privacy Shield organization has violated its obligations under the Principles and the claim is not fully resolved by other Privacy Shield recourse mechanisms. The arbitration will be implemented in accordance with the rules established under the Privacy Shield.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please see the Access and Correction section above for contact information.
Starting January 1, 2020, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the CCPA) residents of the state of California have the following rights:
You have the Right to Access Information About Collection, Disclosure and Sale of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. The Right to Information About Collection, Disclosure and Sale of your Personal Information gives you the right to request the following information:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Click here.to fill out the form to complete your Right to Information about Collection, Disclosure and Sales of your Personal Information request. The information you provide will only be used to fulfill your CCPA request.
You have the Right to Deletion of information you have shared with us, subject to certain exceptions. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Click here to fill out the form to complete your Right to Deletion request.
You have the Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information, unless such personal information was collected from a government source.
- Click here if you would like to opt out of marketing
- Click here to fill out the form to complete your Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information request. The information you provide will only be used to fulfill your CCPA request.
If you have opted out of the sale of your personal information but would like to Opt Back in, please click here.
You also have a Right Not to be Discriminated Against for exercising your CCPA rights. You do not need to request this right; this a is a right we will always give you regarding any CCPA rights request.
If you would like to exercise your CCPA rights over the phone, please call us at 1-855-549-8900 and clearly state that you are a resident of the state of California and wish to exercise your CCPA rights. We will ask for additional information to verify your identity.
We reserve the right to use a third party to verify your identity and this third party may require additional information for verification purposes. The data you provide will only be used to fulfill your CCPA request.
For questions or complaints regarding WeAreTeachers Data Privacy practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-333-8802. We will do our best to resolve any complaints or issues as quickly as possible.
EU Data Protection Officer
Dun & Bradstreet
Marlow international Parkway
Marlow, Berkshire SL7 1AJ
For more information regarding this online privacy notice, please contact:
103 JFK Parkway
Short Hills, NJ 07078