2020 is coming to a close. This certainly wasn’t the roaring twenties fun we hoped for when we rang in the new year. And I’m sure most of us are glad to see it go! It’s probably not a surprise to anyone that our top stories from 2020 cover COVID, remote learning, and the chaos of the pandemic and quarantine. How many of our top 15 stories did you read this year?
1. Amazing Educational Virtual Field Trips
We were all in need of some virtual field trips to end the school year in the spring. From aquariums to museums, we provided a ton of great ideas.
2. Teachers are Creating Virtual Bitmoji Classrooms
One of our most popular articles for the second half of the year! A lot of teachers created these as replacements to their school classrooms for distance learning in the fall.
3. Are Teachers OK? No, and Toxic Positivity Isn’t Helping
This post resonated with a LOT of teachers. It’s time to ditch the toxic positivity and admit the truth! This article addressed how.
4. The Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds & Activities
When we first entered quarantine, this article was a big hit among teachers and parents alike.
5. 16 Accurate Teacher Memes About School Reopening This Fall
Because … seriously. What could we do but laugh?
6. 350+ Amazing Online Learning Resources
This list kept growing … and growing … and growing as remote learning kept extending … and extending. We offered resources for elementary school, high school, professional development, and more.
7. This Principal’s List of Things To Do During COVID Closures Is Going Viral for All the Right Reasons
Because we all needed something new to try! This list offered 40 small tasks to get through COVID. Except, we’re still in it!
8. Theme Days Schools Should Avoid (and What to Do Instead)
Right before COVID hit, this article was very popular. And for good reason! We discussed why certain theme days should be avoided, but also offered alternatives to consider including.
9. Bitmoji Lockers Are the New Bitmoji Classrooms
Bitmoji lockers seemed to be a little more popular for middle and high school students and teachers, so we showed examples of how to make them.
10. 22 Unique Ways to Introduce Yourself to Your Students, In Person or Online
Summer ended and back to school arrived. We were all looking for ways to make connections and this article offered 22 unique ways for teachers to introduce themselves.
11. This Isn’t What We Meant by Hybrid Learning
Teachers were stuck trying to teach students at home and in the classroom at the SAME TIME! We discussed why this doesn’t work.
12. 20 Fun Zoom Games for Kids
We definitely needed some ways to make online learning fun and interactive and this article provided 20 fun games to play!
13. Zoom 101 for Teachers
But, we needed to learn how to use Zoom in the first place! This article provided all the tips and tricks for using Zoom.
14. 15 Words Teachers Officially Never Want to Hear Again
Asynchronous, pivot, transparent, and more!
15. 15 Ways To Virtually Welcome Kids Back to School
Because first you had to introduce yourself, and then you had to welcome them to the classroom. Virtual learning was definitely a huge part of our top 2020 articles.
Do you have your favorite top 2020 stories? Share in the comments below.
Like articles like these, make sure to sign up for one of our newsletters!