While normally you at least strive for work-life balance, at this point in the school year, you more or less admit defeat. You’ve got too many school events, too many report cards, and not nearly enough energy to do it all. Here are 10 truths about a teacher’s social life in May:
1. It pretty much doesn’t exist.
2. Like it’s basically microscopic.
3. Unless you count chaperoning the middle school dance.
4. In which case my social life is poppin’.
5. But mostly, this month, you’ll find me doing this.
6. Or this.
7. And definitely not wondering what my friends are doing without me.
8. I mean, I’m sure they’re enjoying the few nice days that we actually have in between the frigid snow and sweltering heat.
9. While I grade 137 essays on The Grapes of Wrath.
10. But I’m fine. I’m totally fine. I’ll see you guys in July.
For more on the reality of a teacher’s social life in May, check out the video below: