Invite students to learn all about rocks with this interactive rock cycle worksheet. They choose what happens to the rock, learning the process that a rock can go through. They spin clockwise and counterclockwise, choosing their own adventure!
What you need:
- Printable: Rock Cycle: Choose Your Own Adventure
- Paper Fasteners
- Colored Pencils
What to do:
- Give each student a copy of the wheel.
- They cut around each circle (definition circle and rock texture circle).
- Then they cut a triangle out of the top wheel (rock texture).
- Students look up what each rock looks like and draw or cut and paste images that represent each type.
- Have students fasten the 2 wheels together (rock texture on top of definitions).
- Students spin the wheel and choose their own adventure! If they are instructed to move forward, they spin clockwise. If they are instructed to move backward, they spin counter-clockwise.
I hope this activity makes learning the rock cycle fun for your students!