For many of us, 2017 has been kind of a doozy. Which is why we feel extra grateful for teachers doing amazing things in their classrooms and for their students. These teachers’ stories inspire us and give us hope for the future. Here’s just some of the reasons we’re grateful for teachers this year.
1. Because we go above and beyond for our students.
2. Because we’ll do anything to get our kids to read.
3. Because we make dreams come true.
4. Because so many of us transform communities, not just kids.
5. Because we’ll take risks to get students to connect with the curriculum.
6. Because for so many of us, teaching is a calling.
7. Because we love sharing our passions.
8. Because we know that a little positivity goes a long way.
9. Because we’ll hack anything if it means helping our kids.
10. Because we’re not afraid to go the extra mile.
11. Because we lift each other up.
12. Because even when we get a moment in the spotlight, we shine it on others.
13. Because we help pull our students through many of the tough things happening in our world.
14. Because this is a full-circle job, and we’re fully committed.
15. Because even when we’re tired, we keep going.
16. Because we literally spend hundreds of dollars out of our own pockets on our students.
17. Unless you’re a new teacher, in which case you might spend thousands.
18. Because we open our students to new worlds.
19. Because so often we’re a safe harbor from the storm.
20. Because we keep going even in the midst of personal tragedy.
21. And finally, because there’s nothing we’re more grateful for than a letter from students.
Why are you grateful for teachers? We’d love to hear in the comments.