Let’s face it. The only way we’re all going to get through teaching in 2020 is with a little help from our friends. That’s why we’re loving all the teacher tech tips on Tiktok! Below are some of the best hacks we’ve discovered there.
1. An easy way to create Google slides
If your Google slides could use a makeover, check out these ideas from Ashley Guerrero.
2. How to make a virtual prize box
Teacher Lisa Ann walks you through it step-by-step.
3. Adorable countdown timers
So glad to have these timers in our back pockets!
4. Breakout room hacks
Breakout rooms can feel super intimidating, but teacher Amber Sarani has you covered!
5. A way to save time on email
Brittany walks us through setting up template responses to the email questions you get most.
6. How to change your Chrome theme
Definitely didn’t know you could do this.
7. Turn a PDF into a Word doc
Mrs. Leavitt shows you how.
8. Make a virtual name spinner
Easy and a nice way to ensure you are calling on students equally.
9. Convert an iPad into a whiteboard
10. How to see more than 16 kids at a time in Google Meet
Because who only has sixteen students?
11. Get cute fonts in Google
How to snag those cute handwriting fonts you see other teachers using.
12. Use your Bitmoji as a custom cursor
Nice! This is a fun upgrade to the standard blinking arrow.
13. Managing virtual classroom rewards
14. How to create a custom email signature
Your Bitmoji is everywhere else, might as well add it to your email signature. 😂
15. An easy way to record feedback or instructions
We love this Chrome extension!
16. A quick tip for preventing cheating
Do you use locked mode?
17. Free choice board templates
So great for elementary school!
What are your best teacher tech tips? Come and share in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.