We wear many hats in the classroom—teacher, confidante, professional-level juggler, to name a few!—but have you ever considered adding “stand up comedian” to your résumé? Okay, that might be a bit of a stretch, but sharing a little humor with your students can help brighten the mood. Ready to work on your delivery? Here’s a list of 25 fun second grade jokes to keep the day rolling!
1. Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?
2. What has ears but cannot hear?
3. Why did the student eat his homework?
Because the teacher told him it was a piece of cake!
4. What did the dalmatian say after lunch?
That hit the spot!
5. How do you make a lemon drop?
Just let it fall.
6. What do you call a duck that gets all As?
A wise quacker.
7. What kind of water cannot freeze?
8. What is worse than raining cats and dogs?
9. What do you call a ghost’s true love?
10. What is a tornado’s favorite game to play?
11. How does the moon cut his hair?
12. How can you tell a vampire has a cold?
She starts coffin.
13. What’s worse than finding a worm in your apple?
Finding half a worm.
14. How does a cucumber become a pickle?
It goes through a jarring experience.
15. What is a vampire’s favorite fruit?
A blood orange.
16. What do you call a dog magician?
17. Why couldn’t the pony sing a lullaby?
She was a little horse.
18. What gets wetter the more it dries?
19. What do you call a fake noodle?
20. Why are ghosts bad liars?
Because you can see right through them.
21. Why didn’t the orange win the race?
It ran out of juice.
22. Why did Johnny throw the clock out of the window?
Because he wanted to see time fly.
23. What did one toilet say to the other?
You look flushed.
24. What do you get when you cross an elephant with a fish?
25. What kind of haircuts to bees get?
What are your favorite second grade jokes? Please share in the comments!
Plus, don’t forget to sign up for our weekly emails to receive more ideas!
Looking for more ways to get ready for the school year? Check out Your Guide to Teaching 2nd Grade Online!