An estimated 15% of American households with school-aged children don’t have access to high-speed internet. Now that the entirety of the U.S. educational system has closed and most schools have moved to online platforms, that’s a huge chunk of kids that are missing out on their education. To serve all students, you have to have a plan for connectivity across your community. If you’re looking for remote learning solutions for your district, Extreme Networks can help.
When you’re considering different solutions, keep the following four factors in mind:
- location (proximity to school or existing communications infrastructure)
- environment (urban or rural)
- WAN connectivity (for remote sites)
- speed of deployment (targeted timeframe)
Types of solutions:
- Outdoor Connectivity Kit: With this kit, schools can extend their wireless connectivity to within 150 feet of the school. So this is a drive-in/parking lot option.
- Extreme Portable Branch Kit: This type of kit is designed to extend connectivity beyond school property via mobile Wi-Fi hotspots. It’s a great option for rural areas or urban apartment buildings.