If you love words as much as we love words, you’ll love these 20 literature jokes! Share with all your favorite fellow book lovers.
📷: Narnia cartoon by Dan Thompson
1. How did Charlotte Brontë make it easier for everyone to breathe?
She created Eyre.
2. Oh, so that’s why it’s so long!
3. What do you call an Italian dish that is equal but more equal than other Italian dishes?
4. If Jane Austen had a Match.com profile.
5. What was Socrates’ favorite thing to mold?
Play dough (Plato).
6. What would you find in Charles Dickens’s pantry?
The best of thyme, the worst of thyme.
7. And we all know how that turned out.
8. What kind of dinosaur writes romance novels?
9. How did Voltaire like his apples?
10. Why did the reader give up on Pride and Prejudice?
The characters were too Austentatious.
11. Did you hear about Jay Gatsby’s new car?
It was a real hit with the ladies.
12. When writers squabble.
13. What makes Civil Disobedience such a great work?
14. Steinbeck on Tinder.
15. Why did Shakespeare only write in pen?
He couldn’t decide which type of pencil to use—a 2B or not 2B.
What’s your favorite literature joke? Come share on our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE! Facebook group.