Whether you’re an English teacher, reading specialist, or just a grammar nerd, we’re with you. Much of the WeAreTeachers staff are self-proclaimed grammar junkies, and we embrace it. Don’t even get us started on the Oxford comma, though. We’re a group divided on that one. However, we can all agree that these grammar puns and jokes are funny. Print them out, put them up in your classroom, or just share with a teacher BFF who is just as nerdy!
1. Single vs. singular
2. A grammar pun for when you’re feeling tense
3. Punctuation humor funny enough to end an argument
4. Y, oh Y
5. Best bar joke EVER!
6. Good morning, sunshine!
7. This joke will multiply your students’ love of math
8. Now things are heating up!
9. Why can’t everyone just get along?
10. Everyone loves a good knock-knock joke
11. Some things you can’t control
12. We’ll retell this joke until we’re undone
13. There’s a lesson to be learned here
14. Some things cannot be avoided
15. A little court humor
16. This one is too much
17. Yeah yeah, we know
18. Awww, punctuation confusion
19. Spelling subtilities win the long game
20. It’s a real pain in the …
21. Grammar girl power
22. Making teacher proud!
23. Party time in the English teacher’s lounge
24. Can you relate?
25.Hurry it up!