Whether you’re an English teacher, reading specialist, or just a grammar nerd, we get you. Much of the WeAreTeachers staff are self-proclaimed grammar junkies, and we embrace it. Don’t ask us about the Oxford comma, though. We’re a divided group on that one. However, we can all agree that these grammar puns and jokes are funny. Print them, put them up in your classroom, or just share with a teacher BFF who is just as nerdy!
1. Now don’t be selfish.
2. Apostrophes can haunt you.
Via: Jon Kudelka
3. It’s a pun for when you’re feeling tense.
4. This could end (or start) a punctuation argument.
5. One letter can make a big difference.
Via: Shoe Box Blog
6. You can’t go wrong with alphabet puns.
7. This might be the best bar joke EVER!
8. Just say no to unnecessary quotation marks.
9. Good morning, sunshine!
10. This joke will multiply your students’ love of math.
11. Now things are heating up!
12. We love Apostrophe Man.
Via: Judy Horacek
13. Why can’t everyone just get along?
Via: Scott Hillburn
14. Everyone loves a good knock-knock joke.
15. Some things you can’t control.
16. This one is for fans of The Office.
17. We’ll retell this joke until we’re undone.
18. There’s a lesson to be learned here.
19. Some things cannot be avoided.
20. Does this make you hungry?
21. A little courtroom humor is always appreciated.
22. This one is too much.
23. Yeah, yeah, we know.
24. Awww, it’s punctuation confusion.
25. This is for those who like to fly under the radar.
26. It’s a real pain in the …
27. It’s grammar girl power!
Via: Grammarly Cards
28. This will make your teacher proud.
29. It’s party time in the English teachers’ lounge.
30. Can you relate?
Via: Facebook: ramblinma
31. Hurry it up!
32. One last pun for good measure.
Come share your favorite grammar puns in our WeAreTeachers Chat group on Facebook! WeAreTeachers Chat is a place to post questions, share a laugh or an idea, and connect with new teacher friends.