Here is something worth downloading: Better Feedback for Better Teaching: A Practical Guide to Improving Classroom Observations. Brought to our attention by WeAreTeachers and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, this practical guide will help you provide meaningful, accurate, and actionable feedback to your teachers.
Better Feedback for Better Teaching addresses:
- How to develop observers’ abilities to record, organize, and interpret relevant and objective evidence from a lesson
- How to assess observers on their observation and feedback skills, and how to use the results to improve those skills
- How to monitor observations over time, to make sure teachers are getting accurate and meaningful feedback
- How to build a shared understanding of an observation instrument’s criteria for effective teaching
- How to “pre-score” videos of teaching for use in observer training and assessment.
- This 378-page book is based on the knowledge of key partners in the Measure of Effective Teaching (MET) project, one of the largest-ever studies of classroom observations.
- Sign up here to download the book.