Not much can cause chaos in your classroom like the surprise appearance of a bug. Some students scream; others immediately want to make it a class pet. A few brave volunteers quickly step forward to catch or kill the unwanted guest. No matter their reactions, there can be no doubt that kids find bugs fascinating. With that in mind, we’ve compiled some of our favorite (and yes, groan-worthy) insect-themed jokes and bug puns for you to share with your class the next time a flying or crawling visitor appears.
1. How do bees brush their hair?
With a honeycomb!
2. Why was the bug carrying the bottle of air freshener?
It was a deodor-ant!
3. Why did the principal hate insect jokes?
She found them to bee irritating!
4. What do spiders and baseball players have in common?
The both catch flies!
5. How do bees get to school?
On the school buzz!
6. Where do wasps go when they get sick?
7. What do fireflies eat between meals?
8. What do we call an insect that is good at everything?
A slaying mantis!
9. My dad said I should watch the movie about the giant bug…
He said it was XL-ant!
10. Why wasn’t the butterfly invited to the dance?
Because it was a moth ball!
11. What insect is smarter than a talking parrot?
A spelling bee!
12. How did the spider search for his new home?
13. Why are frogs so happy?
Because they eat whatever bugs them!
14. What do you call a bug with a bad perm?
15. Yesterday, I thought I had a bug in my pants…
It was just my fly!
16. Why do so few bugs live on military bases?
Because of the strict no-fly zones!
17. Why did the fly want to breathe fire?
It wanted to be a dragon fly!
18. Did you know that most beetles are insects?
The rest of them are cars!
19. Why did the blood-sucking insect learn Latin?
They wanted to be a roman-tick!
20. Did you hear about the new app where ticks do funny dances?
It’s called Tick-Talk!
21. Which insect is the hardest to understand?
22. Can bees fly in the rain?
Not without their yellow jackets!
23. What food delivery service do insects like best?
24. Why did the police want to arrest the spider?
She put a bug in the world wide web!
25. How do fleas travel?