School’s out for summer! You know what that means? Sun, surf, sand, and lots and lots of fun! The beach means different things to different people. For some, it is a place to find inspiration whether it be for art, writing, or life in general. For others, it’s an opportunity to escape reality and relax, build sandcastles, or catch the waves. Grab your favorite towel and some SPF, and take a look through our favorite beach quotes, sayings, and puns.
Beach Quotes About Seashells
1. “Children don’t look for happiness … they are happy. … They look for seashells.” ―Unknown
2. “Pretty sure my birthstone is a seashell.” ―Unknown
3. “Seashells were money before coin, jewelry before gems, art before canvas.” ―
4. “One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach. One can collect only a few, and they are more beautiful if they are few.” ―Anne Morrow Lindbergh
5. “A beach is not only a sweep of sand but shells of sea creatures, the sea glass, the seaweed, the incongruous objects washed up by the ocean.” ―Henry Grunwald
6. “Every seashell has a story.” ―Jack Bauer
7. “May the shells on the beach remind you that treasures arrive every day in the form of simple things.” ―Unknown
8. “Who needs snowflakes when you have seashells?”―Unknown
9. “Everybody needs a seashell in her bathroom to remind her the ocean is her home.” ―Sue Monk Kidd
10. “More than anything … he couldn’t help feeling like an amateur, someone searching for God’s truths like a child searching for seashells.” ―Nicholas Sparks
11. “And in her ears the little Seashells, the thimble radios tamped tight, and an electronic ocean of sound, of music and talk and music and talk coming in, coming in on the shore of her unsleeping mind.” ― From Fahrenheit 451
Silly Sayings About the Beach
12. Always be yourself unless you can be a mermaid. Then be a mermaid.
13. Beachitude (n.): when you start to feel grumpy and snarky because you miss the beach.
14. I’ll have a side of beach with my morning coffee.
15. Keep calm and beach on.
16. I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
17. My sense of direction leads me one way: to the beach.
18. I wish that beach therapy were covered by my health insurance.
19. I’m done adulting. Let’s be mermaids!
20. How to get a beach body: Step 1: Have a body. Step 2: Go to the beach.
21. Long time no sea.
22. Don’t give in to pier pressure.
23. Water you doing?
24. Chilling at the beach: my life porpoise.
25. This beautiful beach is making me emoceanal.
26. Advice from the ocean: Be shore of yourself. Come out of your shell. Take time to coast. Avoid pier pressure. Sea life’s beauty. Don’t get so tide down on work that you miss out on life’s beautiful waves.
27. Girls just wanna have sun.
28. Don’t let the bad vibes tide you down.
29. Love the beach. Can I be any more Pacific?
30. I can sea clearly now.
31. I whale always love you.
32. Feeling fintastic.
33. If you need me, call me on my shell.
34. I am living in a fanta-sea world.
Inspirational Beach Quotes
35. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” ―Christopher Columbus
36. “Because there’s nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it’s sent away.” ―Sarah Kay
37. “The ocean stirs the heart, inspires the imagination, and brings eternal joy to the soul.” ―Robert Wyland
38. “Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard.” ―Psyche Roxas-Mendoza
39. “Our memories of the ocean will linger on, long after our footprints in the sand are gone.” ―Unknown
40. “The three great elemental sounds of nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a wood, and the sound of the ocean outside on a beach.” ―Henry Beston
41. “As the ocean is never full of water, so is the heart never full of love.” ―Unknown
42. “We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.” ―Aristotle Onassis
43. “It’s a wonderful metaphor, catching a wave, for how you can look at other challenges in your life.” ―Jeff Bridges
44. “In one drop of water are found all the secrets of all the oceans.” ―Kahlil Gibran
45. “Long walks on the beach are the supposed holy grail of a romantic evening. The beach becomes a kind of utopia, the place where all our dreams come true.” ― Roxane Gay
Song Lyrics About the Beach
46. “Here by the sea and sand, nothing ever goes as planned.” ―The Who
47. “The sun is out and I want some / It’s not hard, not far to reach / We can hitch a ride to Rockaway Beach.” ―The Ramones
48. “Like a castle / Built upon a sandy beach / Gone too soon.” ―Michael Jackson
49. “On an island in the sun / We’ll be playin’ an’ havin’ fun / And it makes me feel so fine / I can’t control my brain.” ―Weezer
50. “Under the boardwalk / Down by the sea, yeah / On a blanket with my baby is where I’ll be.” ―The Drifters
51. “Bodies in the sand, tropical drink melting in your hand / We’ll be falling in love to the rhythm of a steel drum band.” ―The Beach Boys
52. “You could travel the world / But nothing comes close / To the golden coast.” ―Katy Perry
53. “Are you feeling, feeling, feeling like I’m feeling / Like I’m floating, floating, up above that big blue ocean / Sand beneath our feet, big blue sky above our heads.” ―The Avett Brothers
54. “Some beach somewhere, there’s a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair / Palm trees are growing, warm breezes blowing / I picture myself there, some beach somewhere.” ―Blake Shelton
Beach Quotes and Sayings About Vacation
55. Life is short, take the beach trip.
56. I left my heart at the beach.
57. A little sand between the toes always takes away the woes.
58. Take a break, let the ocean be your therapist.
59. Self-discovery and sand therapy.
60. Taking a break from everything except the waves.
61. “After a visit to the beach, it’s hard to believe that we live in a material world.” ―Pam Shaw
62. “To rise at daybreak and feel the sunshine as it warms my skin, the soothing sounds of waves as they kiss the shore, and sand between my toes: a gentle reminder that life is good.” ―Unknown
63. There’s no place like home, except for the beach.
Quotes and Sayings About the Healing Powers of the Beach
64. Salt water heals EVERYTHING!
65. I need Vitamin Sea.
66. Sunshine is the best medicine.
67. “The sea cures all ailments of man, woman, and child.” ―Plato
68. Nothing soothes the soul like a walk on the beach.
69. Beach: a place of relaxation, rest, and tranquility.
70. Feeling stressed? There’s a beach for that.
71. Let the sea set you free.
72. I need to be seahabilitated.
73. “When anxious, uneasy, and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused.” ―Rainer Maria Rilke
Quotes About Children and the Beach
74. “I honestly think the beach is the only place children actually entertain themselves.” ―Donna McLavy
75. “Children on the beach. Playing catch and run with the sea. She got annoyed and sprayed them with wet complete.”
76. “Don’t grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.” ―Michelle Held
77. Life is a beach and I’m just playing in the sand.
78. “A child’s first summer: a masterpiece painted with glow and laughter.” ―Unknown
79. “Imprinted on our heart is the exact moment we fell in love with the beach.” ―Judith Frenette
80. Make the first beach trip a happy memory.
81. “Watching my baby discover and scoop sand through her fingers for the first time is so sensory satisfactory.” ―Unknown
82. “To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.” ―Kentfrese Isaac Newton
83. Beach baby (n): a salty little sweetheart with sandy toes and a sunkissed nose.
What are your favorite beach quotes? Come share in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.
And if you’re looking for inspiration, you’ll love these 50 Inspirational Teacher Quotes.