Senior year is wrapping up with prom, awards ceremonies, choosing colleges and, best of all, graduation! If your school is planning a Project Graduation, KUDOS! These all-night, alcohol- and drug-free celebrations for students leave a memorable and lasting impression for years to come.
Here are 11 fun, last-minute ideas for your Project Graduation night:
- Karaoke Competition – Singers who garner the most applause win fun prizes.
- Senior Screening – Screen the slideshow or a movie created from the students’ past year.
- Food Bars – Setup several “food bar” stations around the venue and at different times. Think build-your-own: burritos, hamburgers, sundaes, cupcakes, omelets, waffles, etc.
- Casino Games – Organize innocent casino games and have students play with Monopoly money for prizes.
- Spa Corner – Offer manicures, chair massages and pedicures.
- Graffiti Wall – Paper one wall in your venue and provide sharpies for students to decorate and write messages on it.
- Door Prizes – Connect with local businesses to offer big prizes like smartphones and amusement park passes to raffle winners who attend.
- Photo Booth – A fun backdrop (even a colorful sheet or banner) and outlandish props create a fun space for students to take pictures with one another. For props, think feather boas, jumbo sunglasses and fake mustaches.
- Magic Man – Find a local magician to perform tricks and get students in on the act.
- Yearbook Sign – Encourage students to bring their yearbooks and provide pens for them to sign one another’s throughout the night.
- Wish Sail – Have seniors write a wish on a slip of paper and attach it to a giant flag. Fly it over the school for the next few weeks.
Organize Project Graduation volunteers with free online sign-up sheets from VolunteerSpot! We save parents, teachers and volunteer leaders hundreds of hours by simplifying the task of signing up, scheduling and reminding volunteers—reducing your busy work and leaving you more time to focus on what’s important. Take a tour today.