Okay don’t tell anyone, but for a few of us being able to do teacher dress up is one of our favorite things about being a teacher. We love being able to wear goofy costumes and wacky getups. What other job could you not only but be EXPECTED to wear your PJs all day?
So why do we love teacher dress up? Maybe we had too much fun at Halloween when we were young, or we’re theater wannabees, or maybe we love teaching because we’re all just big kids at heart.
Regardless, here are some of our favorite #teacherdressup pics from Instagram that show when you work with kids you don’t even have to have a reason to dress up!
1. When we’re mad as the Mad Hatter
2. When we’ve got the munchies
3. When we’re feeling sparkly
4. When it’s Dr. Seuss’ birthday
5. When we’re feeling notorious
6. When we call Miss Viola Swamp to sub
7. When all we have to say is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
8. When we want our students to believe in the Book Fairy
9. When we’re feeling particularly wishy-washy
10. When we have a “whale” of a time together
11. When we want to get in on the alpaca craze
12. When we feel part Captain Underpants, part Super Teacher
13. When we’re celebrating our fairy tales unit
14. When we turn our clocks back too far
15. When a baby bump makes us feel like Pooh Bear
16. When we’re talking ’bout Einstein
17. When it’s St. Paddy’s day
18. When we teach like pirates—aargh!
Source: @otter378‘s pirate costume
19. When it’s school spirit day
Source: @otter378‘s school spirit
20. When it’s book character day
21. When it’s day 100
22. When it’s pajama day (hooray!)
23. When we’re feeling groovy.
24. When it’s mismatch day
25. When we have got to celebrate being KinderQueen.
26. When bucket fillers make our hearts happy
27. When we’re trying to introduce kids to an amazing artist
28. When it’s mustache day!
29. When it’s Tacky Tuesday
30. When we’re feeling a little moo-dy
Join our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE Facebook group and share your best teacher dress up.