Life is an adventure, especially when you’re a teacher. We asked teachers on Facebook to share some of the most surprising things they’ve experienced in the classroom. Read on for their hilarious answers!
1. Training the girls’ hockey team while dressed as a pirate. (It was Book Week!)
2. Taking a rock out of a kid’s nose because he was “bored” riding on the school bus and “thought it would fit”!
This is definitely not in my contract.
3. Refereeing intense UNO games on my lunch hour.
Who knew it could get so intense?
4. Sewing students’ clothes back together during recess time.
Geez, I don’t even do this for myself!
5. Doing headstands at the end of the day because I was double-dared to do it!
Good thing it wasn’t a double-dog dare!
6. Cleaning spilled chicken soup out of a backpack.
Which will forever smell like grandma’s kitchen.
7. Participating in a head-banging mosh pit dance with 22 fourth graders to ‘Hey Mickey.’
Now that’s what we call a brain break!
8. Participating in a “howl off” during homeroom.
For a wild time, call Mrs. Wilson’s seventh-grade class.
9. Repeating myself so often!
10. Singing while taking attendance. (It takes twice as long to do it remotely and singing keeps them entertained.)
Hey, if Mary Poppins did it, so can I.
11. Mediating between two girls about “who left the poo in the loo.”
Potty talk, classroom style.
12. Cleaning a student’s vomit out of my purse!
And … time for a new purse.
13. Waving my puppet doll at the computer to keep my students entertained.
Anything to keep the focus.
14. Hunting for a student’s missing shoes on the playground with 2 inches of snow on the ground.
Maybe let’s ask Santa for a pair of snow boots this year, yes?
15. Telling students to “Please unmute yourself.”
He said for the millionth time.
16. Finding turds around my third-grade classroom and having to figure out who the “mystery pooper” is.
Don’t even ask.
17. Anything that I do right now! My degree is in Secondary School History and English and I now teach kindergarten.
Good thing teachers are so “resilient.”
18. Having the principal show me photo evidence of penises drawn all over the boys’ bathroom walls by my fourth graders.
Oh, boys. Really?
19. Trying to explain to a Pre-K kid that a waffle iron is not Baby Shark. And what a waffle iron is.
20. Feeling like I’m the star of my own cable access show.
Lights, camera …
Want more teacher funnies? Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.