Oh, 2020. If we didn’t laugh, we’d cry. To be honest, we’ve done plenty of both, but these remote teaching memes have helped us see the humorous side of a very hard year.
1. Because this has become a familiar feeling
Poor Dumbledore. Poor us.
2. Because it’s gotten a little spooky in here.
Please, Jess. Show us a sign.
3. Because observations are somehow still taking place
Cancel all observations immediately.
4. Because no one wants to hear the real truth
This is why teacher friends are so important. They are the only ones who understand.
5. Because we all deserve a trophy
And a million dollars and a vacation to Hawaii.
6. Because there is nothing calm about this situation
Nothing at all.
7. Because we do mind, actually
But we don’t know how to tell you.
8. Because we thought we knew what “teacher tired” was like
We were wrong.
9. Because we’ve discovered new levels of awkward
*Waves at screen.*
10. Because we’ve all learned the horrors of a home haircut
It always seems like a good idea, and then…
11. Because some people seem to think we’re working less than normal
12. Because what’s another hour on Zoom?
It’s only my seventh straight hour staring at my computer screen.
13. Because kindergartners don’t even know what links are
We have to start at the very beginning.
14. Because everything about remote teaching takes longer than you thought
15. Because kids have trouble with directions no matter where you’re teaching
*Repeats myself for the one-millionth time.”
16. Because webcams aren’t particularly flattering
Ring lights forever.
17. Because we’ve seen more of the insides of kids’ noses than ever before
Thanks for all the close-ups.
What remote teaching memes did we miss? Share your favorites with us! Plus, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more teacher humor.