Brought to you by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics advocates for high-quality mathematics teaching and learning for each and every student. Learn More about the benefits and join today!
The best advice my mentor gave me: keep moving forward. I’m thinking about this a lot as we inch closer and closer to spring. This school year has pulled the rug out from underneath us, and yet we’ve kept moving forward despite all the obstacles. What have I missed most? Talking shop with my teacher friends. Nothing energizes us more than nerding out over the latest success, sharing brand-new teaching strategies, swapping great ideas, and chatting about the interesting research we’ve found. That’s why we are looking forward to NCTM’s 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting, which is all about what’s next for math teachers. Here’s all you need to know and what you won’t want to miss.
All the Event Details
- April 21-May 1.
- A single registration fee for all sessions.
- You can bundle an NCTM membership and registration and get 30 percent off (total cost: $367.00).
- Register by April 16, and you are automatically entered to win one of three professional development packages (more on that below)!
What’s in it For You
- Inspiring workshops from leading mathematics teachers.
- Targeted sessions and workshops focused on strategies for addressing teachers’ most immediate needs.
- Networking, games, giveaways, and great ideas.
- 60 days of post-event access to all sessions.
- New advances, technologies, and ideas at a virtual expo.
Sessions You Won’t Want to Miss
- Get Triggy with It.
- The Dangers of KISSIng and Other Mnemonic Devices.
- Fluency Doesn’t Just Happen with Addition and Subtraction.
- Math is Emotional: Creating Equity by SEL-ing Algebra.
- Transforming Anxiety in the Math Classroom.
View all sessions here!
What You’ll Leave With
- A solid understanding of current and future trends in math education.
- Fresh ideas and inspiration.
- New tools and resources you can take back to the classroom.
- New strategies for developing your students’ math skills.
Plus, A Chance to Win Free PD
- The learning doesn’t stop once the event is over!
- Register by April 16 and you will be automatically entered for a chance to win one of three professional development packages valued at over $800!
Prize Packages Include:
Free registration to the NCTM 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting, April 21-May 1, and the upcoming in-person 2021 NCTM Annual Meeting & Exposition in Atlanta!
Free Premium membership to the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM), including annual subscriptions to Mathematics Teacher: Learning and Teaching PK–12 (MTLT), Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, and Mathematics Teacher Educator.
A curated library of NCTM publications including Principles to Actions: Ensuring Mathematical Success for All; the Catalyzing Change series for all grade levels; Taking Action: Implementing Effective Mathematics Teaching Practices for all grade levels; 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematics Discussions, 2nd ed.; Reimagining the Mathematics Classroom; The Impact of Identity in K–8 Mathematics: Rethinking Equity-Based Practices.