It’s no secret that teachers aren’t paid as much as we deserve. This is an absolutely critical issue that affects the well-being of future generations. But it’s also okay to laugh about it sometimes, even if only to ease the pain. Presenting our favorite memes about teacher pay:
1. When you get that first paycheck
This can’t be right, can it?
2. When you have to get creative with your vacation plans
Hitting the slopes…in my apartment.
3. When you’re thinking maybe you chose the wrong profession
I like diamonds.
4. When you’re turning nickels into quarters, one paycheck at a time
Thank you so much.
5. When the comparison game isn’t worth it
All of these professions require advanced degrees.
6. When your 10-year challenge looks a little different
Pay us more, please.
7. When you have to buy new supplies every year
Out of your own pocket, of course.
8. When any teacher can tell you the real reason there’s a “shortage”
It’s the pay, people.
9. When you’re ready to give lawmakers a better idea of what goes into teaching
Their phone numbers are publicly available, after all.
10. When you’re living paycheck to paycheck
Sad but true.
11. When the math doesn’t add up
We’ll take the babysitter rate, thanks.
12. When you live this cycle on repeat
Oh no, what have I done?
13. When your friends need an education
14. When you definitely can’t afford the latest iPhone
Nope, can’t even think about it.
15. When you relate to Breaking Bad a little too much
Maybe Walter White had the right idea.
Plus, the best memes about returning to school during the COVID-19 pandemic.