Math isn’t necessarily the most exciting to subject to teach. We wish there was an infinite number of ways to make math class fun, but that’s not the case! You can, however, start class with one of these cheesy math jokes. Math jokes help lighten the mood and ease any tension for those students who don’t love the subject.
And even better, math jokes can help teach math concepts without students even knowing!
40 Math Jokes for Kids
1. Do you know why seven eight nine?
Because you’re supposed to eat three squared meals a day!
2. What is the butterfly’s favorite subject in school?
3. How do you make seven even?
Subtract the “S.”
4. What did the triangle say to the circle?
5. How are a dollar and the moon similar?
They both have four quarters!
6. What is a math teacher’s favorite season?
7. What’s a swimmer’s favorite math?
8. Why did the obtuse angle go to the beach?
Because it was over 90 degrees.
9. What is a bird’s favorite type of math?
10. Which tables do you not have to learn?
11. What did the acorn say when it grew up?
Ge-om-e-try! (Gee, I’m a tree!)
12. Teacher: Why are you turning in a blank sheet of paper?
Student: Because all my answers are imaginary numbers.
13. Student One: I saw my math teacher with a piece of graph paper yesterday.
Student Two: She must be plotting something.
14. What is a math teacher’s favorite snake?
15. What did the zero say to the eight?
16. What do you call an empty parrot cage?
A polygon. (A polly gone.)
17. What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
Pi in the sky.
18. Why was the equal sign so humble?
He knew he wasn’t less than or greater than anyone else.
19. Why doesn’t anybody talk to circles?
Because there’s no point!
20. What do you call a man who spent all summer at the beach?
A tangent. (A tan gent.)
21. Who invented arithmetic?
Henry the 1/8.
22. Why did the two fours skip lunch?
Because they already 8!
23. What do baby parabolas drink?
24. You know what seems odd to me?
Numbers that can’t be divided by two.
25. What is a math teacher’s favorite vacation destination?
26. What do you call a number that just can’t stand still?
A “roamin'” numeral.
27. Why didn’t the quarter roll down the hill with the nickel?
Because it had more sense.
28. Have you heard the latest statistics joke?
29. What do you call friends who love math?
30. I’ll do algebra, I’ll do trig, I’ll even do statistics.
But graphing is where I draw the line!
31. Why is it sad that parallel lines have so much in common?
Because they’ll never meet.
32. Why should you never mention the number 288?
Because it’s “two” gross.
33. Why couldn’t the angle get a loan?
Its parents wouldn’t cosine.
34. Why do plants hate math?
Because it gives them square roots.
35. Why did the student get upset when his teacher called him average?
It was a mean thing to say!
36. Did you hear that old math teachers never die?
They just lose some of their functions.
37. How do you keep warm in a cold room?
You go to the corner. It’s always 90 degrees!
38. What did one math book say to the other?
Don’t bother me. I’ve got my own problems!
39. Why is the obtuse triangle always upset?
Because it is never right!
40. A farmer counted 396 cows in his field.
But when he rounded them up, he had 400.
Share your favorite cheesy math jokes in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.
And for more laughs, check out our favorite grammar jokes and science jokes.