Always wanted to try out a Makerspace or Innovation Lab but have no clue where to start? Have a teacher bestie who you’d love to plan an interdisciplinary unit with but need some guidance on making it meaningful? We’ve partnered with LEGO Education to create a free guide to walk you through getting an awesome STEAM program up and running in no time. Check it out!
Why start a STEAM program?
One of the best ways to empower and prepare your students for success in our ever-changing world is providing them with STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) opportunities at school. The benefits of STEAM education opportunities for students and teachers are huge:
- Develops critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity
- Fosters collaboration and positive communication skills
- Encourages interdisciplinary learning and real-world connections
- Promotes a growth mindset and enhances student engagement
- Empowers students to explore their passions across multiple disciplines
Our free guide shows you how to easily get a STEAM program up and running at your school.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- STEAM Programs Breakdown: Helpful graphic describing the variety of STEAM programs available for schools
- Finding the Right Fit: Printable checklist to help discover which STEAM program(s) are right for your school
- 5 Steps to Implementing Your STEAM Program: Detailed descriptions on how to get your program started no matter where you’re starting from
- STEAM Program Needs Assessment: Printable planning page to help determine what resources you may already have available and what you’ll need to have in place before you begin
- Links to Free Resources: Excellent free resources from LEGO Education that you can use to start a STEAM program at your school