Get 10% off any Explorer magazine subscription with code: 5subscribe2020. Plus a free sample digital issue. Look inside your next great classroom resource!
How great is it when your students have that spark of curiosity that motivates them to explore? That’s why teachers love National Geographic Explorer magazine! This classroom resource not only helps students in grades K-5/6 learn important ELA concepts, science standards, current events, and cultural knowledge, but it also opens their eyes to the world.
When I read the magazine, it makes me want to explore. It makes me want to be a scientist. I would like to study new technology.— Arthur, fifth-grade student
Why do teachers love Explorer magazine?
Explorer comes in six Lexile-leveled, differentiated reading editions (K–5/6). The magazine’s inspiring nonfiction content introduces kids to the work of real National Geographic Explorers and scientists out in the field. It also helps students build a foundation of respect and curiosity for their planet and for others. That’s a cross-curricular win all-around!
Here’s what teachers love most about Explorer:
- Each issue includes an online teacher’s guide with lesson plans, assessments, and activities.
- Explorer supports national reading, science, and social studies standards for the K-6 classroom, including Common Core ELA, Next Generation Science Standards, and the C3 Framework for Social Studies.
- Students learn by reading the engaging text or by visual information provided by maps, photography, infographics, and videos that support the content.
- Grade levels are hidden on the back of the issue to make differentiation easy while promoting an inclusive classroom. Students are less likely to feel different from peers. Look for the dots!
- The interactive digital magazine includes videos, read-aloud text, pop-up vocabulary, and games that engage students.
- Each level of the digital version is translated into Spanish, including the maps, videos, and read-aloud text. (New for 2020-2021!)
- You can get a digital-only subscription of the magazine for your class for one price. (New for 2020-2021!)
Explorer opened a window for my students, allowing them to learn about the world around them at a level they could read themselves. —Megan A. Smith-Keenum, first-grade teacher
Take a look inside a free sample digital issue. (Plus get a special discount!)
Want to try Explorer magazine in your classroom? Click the button below to learn more, and get access to a free sample digital issue. Plus get 10% off any Explorer magazine classroom subscription through March 31, 2020 with code: 5subscribe2020.