Imagine the teaching possibilities regular on-campus access to the Wall Street Journal digital and print news would bring: You and your students could explore social studies and current events, review insights and trends in science and technology, study the elements of a news story, and so much more.
That’s why WeAreTeachers and WSJ are giving away three one-year memberships to the WSJ High School Program!
What’s in the WSJ high school package? We’re glad you asked. The three grand prize winners will receive the following for their school:
- One (1) year of unlimited on-campus access to WSJ.com at school to share with students, study together, dissect, and explore different perspectives.
- Five (5) print copies of each WSJ issue at school for a year. Put them in common areas, such as the library, student lounge, or designated classrooms.
- Podcast and video on-campus access, featuring interviews with WSJ editors and newsworthy influencers.
- Teacher on-premise access to questions, case studies, and how-to guides for using WSJ content in the classroom.
Imagine all of the innovative ways you’ll be able to explore the world! Just click the orange button for your chance to win.
- Prize Package(s)
- (1) year, schoolwide, on-premise access to WSJ.com
- (5) print copies of each issue of the Wall Street Journal for a year
WSJ High School Amenity Contest via WeAreTeachers – Terms and Conditions
No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. This promotion is intended for participation in the United States only, and shall be construed and evaluated according to U.S. Law.Eligibility. The promotion is open only to legal residents of the50 United States, or D.C., who at the time of entry are a) eighteen (18) years of age or older and b) currently employed full- or part-time as an educator by an accredited public or private K-12 school in the United States. Employees of WeAreTeachers or the Sponsor and their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members (parent, spouse, child or sibling) of each are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Sponsor. WeAreTeachers is the official administrator of this program and DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. is the Sponsor. How to Enter.
1. All entries must be submitted using the online form available on the sweepstakes website at www.weareteachers.com/wall-street-journal-subscription by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on September 30, 2019.
2. Entrants must follow the entry instructions on the sweepstakes website. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.3. All entrants must be legal residents of the 50 United States, or D.C., with a current U.S. address. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally. 4. Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
5. Sponsor and WeAreTeachers are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or ineligible entries that are not timely received or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Winner Selection Rules and Agreements
1. Winners will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries after the expiration of the entry deadline and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by October 7, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
2. The Sponsor will contact winners by email, mail or telephone to arrange for prize fulfillment with winner’s school, provided that winner and school provide all necessary information and paperwork.
3. A potential winner forfeits the prize, in Sponsor’s discretion, if not claimed within 30 days of first attempted notification, whether notification is by e-mail, regular mail or telephone, or, if after reasonable attempts are made, notification is unsuccessful. In such event, Sponsor may, in its discretion, award the prize to an alternate winner. If potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the requested Affirmation of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, as set forth below, (or such other documentation as Sponsor may request) or of winner’s school fails to sign requested license, subscription or other paperwork, within the required time period, potential winner shall, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be deemed to have forfeited the prize. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions; and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries4. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes on prizes received.
5. Prizing: Three (3) winners will each receive a prize package that includes a (1) year, schoolwide, on-premise access to WSJ.com and (5) print copies of each issue of the Wall Street Journal for a year (in each case for the winner’s employing school and subject to the school signing applicable license or subscription paperwork). Prize package valued at $1,200 each.6. Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. 7. Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won.
8. Potential prize winners (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) and his or her school may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to sign and return an Affirmation of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, or other documentation, within 30 days following the date of first attempted notification, which will be sent by Sponsor. Failure to comply may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in forfeiture of prize.
9. Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this sweepstakes.General Program and Rules & Terms
1. WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
2. WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
4. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name, identifying information and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Entrants further grant Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name, state of residence and the name of their school online, in print and any other media in connection with this sweepstakes. By entering, entrants release and hold harmless Sponsor, WeAreTeachers and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. In addition, acceptance of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, WeAreTeachers and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
5. By entering the sweepstakes, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
6. The sweepstakes shall be void and Sponsor and WeAreTeachers shall have no responsibility or liability therefore if, for any reason, the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, whether due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or WeAreTeachers, respectively, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or otherwise engages in disruptive or unsportsmanlike behavior, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. Sponsor and WeAreTeachers assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor and WeAreTeachers are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure or any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor or WeAreTeachers on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal or State courts located in The City of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.Winners ListTo obtain a winners list for this sweepstakes please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within 60 days after end of the entry period to: Dow Jones & Company, Inc. 1211 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10036
Attn: Scott Worland