There’s nothing like watching other teachers to help us improve our own practice. That’s why we’re excited about the unique opportunity from CogniaTM to participate in Engagement Reviews with other educators and see schools in action while earning professional development hours.
Cognia offers Performance Accreditation and Certification, such as STEM, to a variety of early learning and K-12 institutions that apply and qualify. The organization depends on the insights and reflections from peer observers—like you—to provide ratings that are accurate, fair, and thoughtful.
Here’s what teachers say they gain from working as a Cognia Engagement Review Team Member:
- 24-32 professional development hours, depending on the assignment
- An incredible professional development opportunity. “It’s one of the most important PD activities I’ve done,” says Dr. Tina Mondale. “It gives me a broader perspective in the world of education. It gives me time to stop and reflect on what I know about best practice and then what it looks like in operation.”
- Complimentary graduate course credits from Cognia’s online degree partner
- Opportunity to network with other educators
- Insight into institutional best practices
To ensure safety, Engagement Reviews are being conducted remotely beginning in the Fall of 2020. Onsite reviews will begin again when it is safe to have Engagement Review teams at the schools.
Do you want to learn more about becoming a Cognia Engagement Review Team Member?