Mobile hotspots. Hand sanitizer stations. P.E. equipment for each kid. Most schools have big wish lists going right now, which is why we were thrilled to hear about the grant opportunities available from Casey’s Cash for Classrooms program. Even better news? Applying is easy and grants go up to $50,000.
What you need to know
- The application window runs through December 16.
- All K-12 public and private schools within Casey’s 16-state footprint (IA, IL, IN, AR, NE, MO, KS, KY, MI, MN, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, WI) are eligible.
- Grants will range from $1,000 to $50,000 and must be used within 12 months of the award.
How grants can be used
Casey’s wants to support a wide range of projects, so they’re looking at ideas within four categories. And they really want to hear about your COVID-specific proposals:
- Physical Improvements: Having trouble with social distancing? This might be the perfect time to get an outdoor classroom space built or plexiglass installed in your cafeteria.
- Material Needs: This could an opportunity for your school to purchase mobile hotspots to ease the strain on families doing distance learning or provide PPE to all students and staff.
- Teacher Support: If you’ve always wanted to attend an education conference, now’s your chance (it just may have to be virtual). Or perhaps you need a webcam or interactive whiteboard to facilitate remote teaching.
- Community Engagement: We may not be able to have field trips or camps this year, but perhaps you want to spearhead a virtual event. Let’s hear your awesome plan for an online read-a-thon!
In celebration of this new project, Casey’s is also matching all Casey’s Rewards points donated to schools up to $25,000 during October and November, so make sure everyone you know is signed up to donate to your school! Every little bit helps.
Don’t miss out on this chance to fund a project or initiative at your school.
Apply for a Casey’s Cash for Classrooms Grant