Teachers know how important it is to score the best deals, especially when it comes to pricey tech products. If you’re in the market for a new laptop, desktop, or tablet, you might want to check out the Apple education discount. Unlike back-to-school sales or limited time offers, you can find prices slashed on Macs and iPads all year round.
(Just a heads up, WeAreTeachers may collect a share of sales from the links on this page.)
How to Get the Apple Education Discount
There is currently no need to verify your teaching status to purchase products with the education discount. That said, there is a chance someone from the company may reach out afterwards to confirm you fit into their eligibility criteria. It doesn’t happen often, but it’s possible. Here’s the full list of those who qualify for the education discount:
- K12: Any employee of a public or private K-12 institution in the United States is eligible, including homeschool teachers. In addition, school board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members are eligible. PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers are eligible.
- Higher Education: Faculty and staff of Higher Education institutions in the United States; and students attending or accepted into a Higher Education institution in the United States are eligible to purchase. Purchases from the Apple Store for Education Individuals are not for institutional purchase or resale.
- Higher Education Parents: Parents purchasing on behalf of their child, who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution in the United States, are eligible to purchase.
The store also limits how many products you can purchase with the discount each year:
- Desktop: One per year
- Mac mini: One per year
- Notebook: One per year
- iPad: Two per year
- Accessories: Two accessories per year
Apple Education Pricing for Teachers
You can find a range of products available in the Apple Education Store, each one marked down by about 10 percent. That cuts costs by $20 to $400, depending on the item. Here are the ones that can apply to teachers:
- MacBook Air: From $899 ($100 savings)
- MacBook Pro: From $1,199 ($100 savings)
- iMac: From $1,249 ($50 savings)
- Mac Pro: From $5,599 ($400 savings)
- Mac Mini: From $649 ($50 savings)
- iPad: From $309 ($20 savings)
- iPad Pro: From $749 ($50 savings)
- Pro Display XDR: From $4,599 ($400 savings)
- iPad Air: From $549 ($50 savings)
- iPad Mini: From $449 ($50 savings)
The store also offers students a three month free trial of Apple Music and discounted subscription after that at $4.99 a month (versus $9.99 the standard). Students can get free Apple TV+ with the music subscription, too.
Apple occasionally releases bonus deals for teachers and students, including back-to-school discounts on accessories. Don’t worry; we’ll be keeping an eye out for those to keep you updated as they happen. In the meantime, you can join our WeAreTeachers Deals Facebook group to snag all the latest bargains from Apple and other brands.
Want more tech deals? Check out our list of the best laptop discounts for teachers.