We’re so inspired by the real-world actions we see teens taking these days. They are standing up for what they believe in and solving problems both big and small in their communities. This is why we love the AdCap Challenge, a spring 2020 competition that challenges students to solve real-world issues faced by AdCap Challenge Partners—Corteva, Domino’s, and Land O’Lakes.
Here’s how it works
- Educators visit AdCapChallenge.org for more info and to set up teams.
- Students ages 13–18 work in groups of 3–5 people to solve real-world problems related to sustainability, recycling, food insecurity, and other hot topics.
- Teams submit their innovative ideas by April 22.
- Fifty winning teams will receive $1,000 grants each, plus students from five teams will be eligible for an all-expenses-paid trip to New York City this July for the “Fuel Your Good” student leadership summit.
The AdCap Challenge is the perfect way to keep your students engaged from home. Here are some ideas:
- Divide your class into teams and have each team select an AdCap Challenge question to work on together.
- Ask students to explore the resources on their AdCap Challenge Dashboard and reflect on pieces that are interesting or surprising. Ask them to share with each other or with you.
- Hold group meetings using remote video tools such as Zoom or Google Hangouts to brainstorm their solution.
- While the deadline has been extended to April 22, student entries can be submitted as early as you want! Set your own deadline to support virtual learning. For example, assign everyone to teams and do a “speed challenge” in one week, or, rotate through different Challenge Questions with different groups.
- Set ground rules for collaboration including active listening, a judgment-free zone, positive inquiry and a discussion process that provides space for everyone’s voice.
- Keep it simple! Teams can divide the entry form up and focus on just answering 1-2 parts per team member. Have one team member read through everything to make sure it all connects!
We’re here to help! Reach out to us anytime at email@example.com.
Visit AdCapChallenge.org to register for the 2020 AdCap Challenge.
Just click the orange button below to sign up and receive more information.