Service learning in the classroom does more than benefit the community. It also has a positive impact on students in the form of improved leadership and communication skills, sense of social responsibility, and academic learning. This 30 days of service challenge for students is a great place to begin.
How to get started
- Download the 30 Days of Service Challenge.
- Make copies or post it on your LMS.
- Introduce the challenge to your students.
- Invite them to complete one box a day.
- Encourage them to use the checkboxes to keep themselves accountable.
Types of activities
With our friends at WE, we’ve come up with 30 easy activities that students can complete in a day and can be done with social distancing, such as:
- Cleaning up garbage on their street.
- Checking in on an elderly relative.
- Collecting non-perishable items for a local food bank.
When you’ve completed the 30 days, take some time to celebrate completing the challenge and reflect on what you’ve gained from the experience.