Here is a sweet collection of brand-new books to help you celebrate Valentine’s Day with the young people (pre-K through second grade) in your life.
1. Love by Eric Carle
A brand-new book from the author of the beloved favorite Very Hungry Caterpillar. Follow along as the caterpillar munches his way through all the ways to tell the special people in your life how much you love them.
2. Ollie’s Valentine by Olivier Dunrea
In the latest book in the gosling adventures, Ollie goes on a search for his perfect valentine.
3. Worm Loves Worm by J.J. Austrian, illus. by Mike Curato
A delightful picture book that is a celebration of love (with an embedded message of equality) in all its splendid forms.
4. Chick ’n’ Pug: The Love Pug by Jennifer Sattler
This clever story about friendship shows that there is always enough love to go around.
5. Mr. Goat’s Valentine by Eve Bunting
Another heartwarming tale from one of our favorite authors. How will Mr. Goat find the perfect present to give his first love?
6. Pete the Cat’s Groovy Guide to Love by Kimberly and
A silly collection of famous quotes about love from our favorite cool cat.
7. The Yuckiest, Stinkiest, Best Valentine Ever by Brenda A. Ferber, illus. by Tedd Arnold
Follow along as the valentine Leon makes for his secret love comes to life and hits the road saying, “Love is yucky. Stinky too. It will turn your brain to goo!” leaving Leon to chase behind in crazy pursuit.
8. Hug Machine by Scott Campbell
The main character of this heartwarming tale is a sweet snugglebug who can’t get enough hugs.
9. Here Comes Valentine Cat by Deborah Underwood,
illus. by Claudia Rueda
Cat is a grouchy feline who is not interested in mushy old Valentine’s Day. A charming story with a sweet lesson.
10. Peppa Pig and the I Love You Game by Elizabeth Schaefer
Peppa loves many things, but when she and her family play the I Love You game, she learns what she loves most of all.
11. The Very Fairy Princess: Valentines from the Heart
by Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton
A celebration of love and friendship by favorite author Julie Andrews and her daughter.
12. Baby Penguins Love Their Mama by Melissa Guion
Mama penguin spend her days caring lovingly for her little ones. Do they know how much she cares? Delightfully illustrated in gorgeous watercolor.
13. Here Comes a Kiss by Stacy McCleary and David Cornish
A sweet rhyming story of a day filled with loving smooches.
14. I Love You! A Gift of Love and Poetry for Children by Donald Verger
A visually beautiful book filled with stunning photography and sweet messages of unconditional love.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day read-aloud?