With technology growing and moving faster than ever, it is absolutely essential that students have access to the latest technology so that you can push them to the forefront of learning. In turn you will help them to become thinkers (and spaceship drivers!) that will inspire a whole new generation in the years come.
Here are a few ways you can steer your students to their full potential using the latest and greatest educational technology.
1. Let students learn from one another.
2. Communicate like you live in the future.
3. Let your projector really project the world.
4. Imagine the possibilities of interactivity.
5. Get collaborative with your desks.
6. Let your technology do the talking.
We joke about how the only way we communicate these days is via text message, but the truth is that using technology to communicate is the way of the future. So divide your students into groups, give each group a device and let them compete against one another in a collaborative game. They’ll be learning, they’ll be communicating and, interestingly enough, you’ll have the quietest classroom you’ve ever had.
7. Speaking of functional ergonomics, how about using high-tech chairs?
8. Use digital textbooks to keep learning modern.
9. Allow storage to promote creativity. It might sound funny to think about storage contributing to learning, but modern storage carts can house a dozen or more laptops and other interactive equipment. (Think: e-readers with digital textbooks!) Imagine where you could take learning if you could go outside, to the gym, to the park … anywhere.
10. Turn your classroom into a makerspace without spending a fortune.
How are you taking ed tech to the furthest reaches of learning? Tell us in the comments and then watch this video to see how a school in Florida received a technology makeover.