Teacher writers, we want you to join our team! WeAreTeachers has writers and editors across the country, but we are looking to build an even more diverse field editor team. These paid part-time positions (yes, paid!) will help determine the stories and ideas we feature on WeAreTeachers. You will have the opportunity to share the amazing stories happening in your classroom and in classrooms around the U.S.
We are currently looking for field editors in the following positions:
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Secondary ELA
- Secondary Math
We may expand into other grades/subjects, so feel free to apply if you’re in a different position! We will keep your information on file. (Note, at this time we are only accepting applicants who teach in the U.S.)
Our field editors will be included in many projects.
You will help come up with ideas for articles and student printables, curate our newsletters, and more! We expect the time commitment to be about 5-10 hours per month.
Interested? The process is simple!
Send an email to Nikki Katz, the Managing Editor at WeAreTeachers (email@example.com), with the following information:
- Your name
- How many years you’ve been teaching
- Grade(s)/subject(s) you currently teach
- Location of your school
- Social media handles (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- 3 sample headlines of new article topics, relevant to your grade/subject, that you think we should write about on WeAreTeachers
- Links to 1-3 relevant writing samples (optional)
- A few sentences letting us know why you’d be great for our team!
That’s it! We will reach out if we need further information.
We are excited to start this process and to introduce you to our field editor team soon!