inHub helps teachers prepare students to be world-changing innovators, inventors, and entrepreneurs using primary sources from The Henry Ford Archive of American Innovation. Sign up today!
How exactly does an invention get made? It’s a question kids love to explore. Give them a window into how innovation happens with this free “Think Like an Inventor” bulletin board kit featuring Habits of Innovators and Actions of Innovation from The Henry Ford’s Model i Framework. We’ve also included some awesome innovations from the museum’s collection, from the Model T to Tupperware!
How To Use the Inventor Bulletin Board Kit
- Print the bulletin board cards.
- Cut out the bulletin board cards.
- Decide how you’d like to display your cards. (Check out our ideas below.)
- Staple your pieces on a blank bulletin board or tape them on a door.
- Use your board to demonstrate an innovation journey and then guide students as they create their own (use these videos for inspiration).
Ideas for Your Display
Innovation Vocabulary: Display Actions of Innovation, Habits of Innovators, and Incredible Innovations in groups, as shown below. Think of this one like an innovation word wall!
An Innovation Journey: No two innovation journeys are the same. Pick an innovation and show its journey with the arrow cards. Here’s one way to do it: