For some reason, everyone thinks they know what it’s like to be a teacher. But the truth is, there are things you just can’t understand about teaching until you’re in the middle of it. These teachers are keeping it real and sharing all kinds of #TeacherTruths!
1. But it is a marathon!
Just not running one.
2. You go here. No. You go here.
Can’t put them next to friends!
3. Who needs a fitness program?
Teaching: the ultimate cardio.
4. Any way this qualifies me for a raise?
The side effects of teaching.
5. Date night looks so different!
And don’t forget Target shopping.
6. Wine. So much wine.
But better pay trumps the rest.
7. My life is made up of piles.
Waaaaaay too many piles.
8. SO much yes.
I might add wine to this list.
9. Decisions, decisions.
There are always one million things to do at once.
10. I’d like to “spark” my piles of papers.
See you later!
11. Abnormal and freaky.
That’s how we roll.
12. Yes and yes!
13. It’s what you’d call an intimate relationship.
They’re also like gum under students’ desks—not going anywhere. Definitely #teachertruths!
14. Every. Single. Day.
When you thought it would be a simple direction.
15. Reality check.
Can I say it again for the folks in the back? Wash. Your. Hands.
16. Maybe they cover these in grad school.
And here are the missing college courses, too.
Source: @erinwatersedu/grad school
17. Am I right?
Or ride a bicycle while it’s on fire. Take your pick.
Day over, feet up! Who’s with me?
19. At least the herd-of-charging-rhinos part.
Where’s Robin Williams when I need him?
20. Just doin’ a little role-play.
Also, when is recess?
21. It’s a daily challenge.
Parents’ job: Trust me.
22. Low supply, high demand.
Happy to see you, second semester!
Or find my keys in my trash can.
24. True love.
25. Come again?
There’s a little bit of holding your pee in there, too.
26. We’ve got the documentation to prove it.
It’s actually kind of shocking when you add it all up.
27. There is an eerie connection.
Full moon, full cray.
What words of wisdom would you add to our list of #TeacherTruths? Come share in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.