Last week tens of thousands of teachers and their supporters gathered for huge rallies in Colorado and Arizona. As teachers marched to their state capitols to advocate for increased funding for education, spirits were high and teachers were definitely using their outside voices! Decked out in a sea of red, teachers displayed poignant, clever, truth-telling teacher protest signs. Here are some of our favorites.
1. Talking percentages.
2. Protesting—Seussian style.
3. Not just talking the talk.
4. Making the point with a little play on words.
5. Pointing out the big picture.
6. Acronym of the day.
7. Because teachers are superheroes.
8. I said don’t make me …
9. You do the math.
10. What would a teacher rally be without a Shakespeare reference?
11. So, so true.
12. It takes teamwork to make the dream work.
13. Or, what would Dumbledore do?
14. Excellent question.
Have you participated in your local rallies for education? We’d love to see your teacher protest signs in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE.