“I’ve never seen a teacher meme I could relate to,” said no teacher ever. With so many relatable teacher moments out there, we took to our Facebook audience to get some examples. We posed this question: What are some things that a teacher would never say?
We received more than 1,000 responses (nearly half were related to the dwindling or sometimes nonexistent planning period). Then we pulled together some of our favorite humorous posts to share. We hope you enjoy this little dose of teacher sarcasm. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Sometimes laughter is just the coping mechanism we need.
1. Don’t come between a teacher and their laminator.
2. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
3. Um, not so much.
4. I’ll do it if I HAVE to.
5. Maybe next year.
6. It’s definitely not a 9–5 job.
7. Yeah for more meetings!
8. Try, try again.
9. Nah, I’m good.
10. You know, the whole TWO WEEKS!
11. Double sigh …
12. Pretty much all teachers, right?
13. It’s been five hours and counting!
14. Deepest apologies …
15. Trust us. Nobody loves them.
16. Who likes jeans?
17. Please give me more.
18. Do other teachers run out before the end of the year?
19. You can never have enough art supplies.
20. At the end of the day, teachers still love what they do.
What are some of your favorite “said no teacher ever” memes? Share them in our WeAreTeachers HELPLINE group on Facebook.
Plus, check out some of the wildest things parents have said to teachers.