WeAreTeachers is hiring a digital media design and production specialist to join our team. This is a full-time, entry-level contract position based out of your home office. Here’s a little more about the job…
Join an award-winning media brand
WeAreTeachers is one of the top online destinations for K-12 teachers. We cover all aspects of teacher life, from classroom ideas and professional development to education trends, humor, career advice and personal wellbeing. In addition to our website, WeAreTeachers.com, we manage fun and engaged teacher communities on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest, with close to three million followers across channels.
About the design and production role
This role will be responsible for the production of website page staging using WordPress, email design and programming, and creation of social media images and videos. Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and produce engaging content in various digital formats including web, email, ads, video, and social
- Stage website pages in WordPress, including design and production of needed graphics
- Produce ready-to-deploy email including graphics and hand-coding HTML programming
- Design and produce social images and animations optimized for specific channels
- Edit digital videos for WeAreTeachers and our brand partners
- Execute materials for A/B tests on web pages, emails, and ads for engagement or conversion rate optimization
- Salary is in the $25,000-$35,000 range
About the ideal candidate
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with video editing software, such as: Premiere, After Effects, iMovie, etc.
- Strong foundational knowledge of layout, color, grids, icons, typography, branding, photography, UX/UI design, and motion/rich media
- Demonstrates knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Demonstrates a lifelong learner mentality that stays current with social and cultural trends
- Understands social media through regular first-hand usage of major channels. (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.)
- Self-starter and able to troubleshoot independently
- Ability to plan and execute projects on time
- Strong attention to detail
If you are interested in the design and production role, please email email@example.com with a letter introducing yourself, salary requirements, links to work samples or a digital portfolio, and why this job is for you. Please include “Design and Production Specialist” in the email subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!