If there’s one thing we’ve learned this year, having the right tools for teaching is more important than ever. The way we teach has changed, and we need technology that will set us up for success whether we are teaching in person, online, or a combination of both. That’s why we are so excited that our friends at Yamaha United Communications are giving twelve lucky educators a chance to win a variety of audio and video products to upgrade their classroom audio.
Effective Audio Is A Tool For Improving Student Learning
Recent studies have shown that integrated classroom audio is a proven tool to improve student’s opportunities to learn. According to The Mainstream Amplification Resource Room Study (The MARRS Project), their findings revealed that 20-25 percent or more of the current school population have academic difficulties co-existing with minimal hearing loss. This frequent hearing loss can cause students to miss important experiences and instruction in the classroom. They may also experience audio fatigue, attention problems, and concentration problems that may ultimately require special education services. With tools to enhance classroom audio, students have shown improved attention, increased classroom participation, fewer discipline issues, and improved academic success.
The most popular audio solution in the classroom is an integrated microphone system. The main use is to help amplify audio to all corners of the classroom so students can clearly hear the teacher. It’s also a great tool to implement for remote learning environments and hearing-impaired students.
One grand prize winner will get:
- CS-700 Video Sound Bar, EDU Wireless Mic Kit, YVC-200 Personal Speakerphone (valued at $1,387)
CS-700 Video Sound Bar:
- All-in-one: microphones, speakers & camera.
- USB plug-n-play to laptop.
- Perfect for hybrid classrooms.
- Capture teacher & student participation.
- Remote participants feel engaged/like they’re in the room.
- Enhanced understandability for remote participants.
EDU Wireless Mic Kit:
- Wireless flexibility for freedom of movement. Ideal for remote lecture capture, as well as interactive online learning.
- Voice lift enabled.
- Easy transition from office to classroom.
- Plug-and-play for use with chosen UC software including Zoom, Teams, WebEx, etc.
- USB connection for laptops.
- Bluetooth / NFC connections for phones and tablets.
- Rechargeable battery for up to 10-hour use (or longer with USB).
- Headphone jack for private listening.
- Portable to bring your lessons on the go!
One second prize winner will get:
- EDU Wireless mic Kit & YVC-200 Personal Speakerphone (valued at $588)
Ten third prize winners will get:
- YVC-200 Personal Speakerphone (valued at $189 each)