For more book giveaways, contests, and teacher resources, sign up for the free HarperCollins High School English e-newsletter.
Zora Neale Hurston’s beloved novel Their Eyes Were Watching God is a modern classic in high school English and literature classrooms. Now, you have a chance to include a set of Hurston’s books in your classroom library. In celebration of the upcoming May publication of Barracoon, Hurston’s conversation with one of the last-known survivors of the Atlantic slave trade, five high school English teachers will win 11 novels and nonfiction titles by Hurston (valued at over $170)—plus a $50 gift card to buy even more books!
Here’s a list of the titles our winners will receive:
Their Eyes Were Watching God
Tell My Horse
Seraph on the Suwanee
Mules and Men
Moses, Man of the Mountain
Jonah’s Gourd Vine
Every Tongue Got to Confess
Dust Tracks on a Road
The Complete Stories
- Prize Package(s)
Entry Rules and Agreements
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on May 30, 2018.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
Winner Selection Rules and Agreements
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by May 31, 2018.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: Five (5) high school English teachers will win 11 novels and nonfiction titles by Hurston. Titles include Barracoon, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Tell My Horse, Seraph on the Suwanee, Mules and Men, Mule Bone, Moses, Man of the Mountain, Jonah’s Gourd Vine, Every Tongue Got to Confess, Dust Tracks on a Road, and The Complete Stories. (Prize package valued at $220 each.)
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
General Program and Rules & Terms
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.