We teamed up with the National Council for the Social Studies to give away a professional development library of their best-selling books plus complimentary registration for the 2020 NCSS Virtual Conference: Advancing Social Justice (December 4-6, 2020).
NCSS is kicking off its 100th-anniversary celebration with its first-ever virtual conference, featuring:
- 200+ hours of social studies content
- keynote speakers, such as Chelsea Clinton, Nikole Hannah-Jones, and Ken Burns.
- virtual exhibit hall highlighting the latest social studies products and services
- virtual networking opportunities
- valuable CEUs and college credit
Here’s a list of the social studies PD books included:
- Teaching Writing in the Social Studies
- Inquiry Design Model: Building Inquiries in Social Studies
- Blueprinting an Inquiry-Based Curriculum: Planning with the Inquiry Design Model
- Social Studies for the Next Generation: The C3 Framework for Social Studies
- Prize Package(s)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on November 24, 2020.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by November 26, 2020.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: One (1) grand-prize winner will receive one (1) complimentary registration to the 2020 NCSS Virtual Conference plus four (4) social studies professional development books. (Value: $384.80) Two (2) runners-up will each receive conference one (1) complimentary registration to the 2020 NCSS Virtual Conference. (Value: $265/each).
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.