Looking to add some brightness and excitement into the months of January and February? National Geographic Society has a great way to get your students motivated and engaged. Check out the amazing classroom recording bundle prizes and then keep reading to learn more about the Slingshot Challenge—a global initiative supported by the National Geographic Society and the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation. Your students can join them using this awesome recording bundle!
The National Geographic Classroom Recording Bundle Giveaway Prizes
- GRAND PRIZE: Two grand prize winners will each receive an iPhone Studio Vlogging Kit. This $1000 bundle includes everything you could possibly need to create award-winning videos. (iPhone not included)
- Second Prize: One second place winner will receive a Vlogging Starter Kit with $150 worth of recording equipment
- Third Prize: One third place winner will receive a Vlogging Essentials Kit with almost $100 worth of recording equipment
- Runner’s Up: Six teachers will win cell phone tripods with wireless remotes worth approximately $13 to help their students record their videos hands-free.
What is the Slingshot Challenge?
The Slingshot Challenge is a student-led, project-based learning experience for students age 13-18. To enter the challenge, students are asked to create a one-minute video in English or Spanish outlining an innovative solution to an environmental issue in their community they’re passionate about. The video must address one of the challenge’s five topic areas: clean the air, restore the ocean, protect nature, reduce waste, and address climate change. Students can then submit their videos to the National Geographic Slingshot Challenge for a chance to win one of five $10,000 top prizes. Winners also have the opportunity to select an educator or nonprofit organization that has inspired them to receive $2,000.
How do I get more information about the Slingshot Challenge?
National Geographic has a ton of great resources to help your students brainstorm, plan, and complete the challenge. When you visit their website you can download an Educator Toolkit to get helpful tips, timelines, and project guides. There is a participant toolkit so your students will have all the support they need to successfully create amazing videos.
- Prize Package(s)
- Two(2) Grand Prize winners will receive an iPhone Studio Vlogging Kit (value: $499.95 each)
- One(1) 2nd place winner will receive a Vlogging Starter Kit (value: $149.95)
- One(1) 3rd place winner will receive a Vlogging Essentials Kit (value: $82.90)
- Six(6) Runner's Up will receive cell phone tripods with wireless remotes (value: 12.99 each)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 24, 2023.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by March 3, 2023.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: 2 (two) Grand Prize Winners will each receive 1 (one) iPhone Studio Vlogging Kit. 1 (one) Second Place Prize Winner will receive 1 (one) Vlogging Starter Kit. 1 (one) Third Place Prize Winner will receive 1 (one) Vlogging Essentials Kit. 6 (six) Runner Up Winners will receive 1 (one) Cell Phone Tripods (Total prize value: [$1,330]).
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.