Learn more about Amanda Gorman and her current (and forthcoming!) books from Penguin Books for Young Readers.
There’s one collection that we never feel guilty adding to. And that’s our classroom libraries! So we were thrilled when our friends at Penguin Young Readers offered to give ten WeAreTeachers readers a special tote filled with five favorite books, including:
The Hill We Climb, by Amanda Gorman
This book version of the inaugural poem promises to be a classic.
Before the Ever After, by Jacqueline Woodson
A stirring novel-in-verse from one of our favorite authors who also happens to be a National Book Award winner.
Love, by Matt de la Peña, illustrated by Loren Long
A heartfelt celebration of one of the most powerful forces on earth.
Starfish, by Lisa Fipps
Ellie is tired of being fat-shamed and does something about it in this poignant debut novel-in-verse.
I Am Every Good Thing, by Derrick Barnes, illustrated by Gordon C. James
An upbeat, empowering, important picture book from the team that created the award-winning Crown: An Ode to the Fresh Cut.
Plus, it all comes in an adorable Penguin tote! Want your chance to win? Just click the orange button below to enter.
- Prize Package(s)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. on May 31, Central Time.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by June 11, 2021.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: Ten winners will receive a Penguin Young Readers tote bag, plus five favorite children's books, including: THE HILL WE CLIMB, BEFORE THE EVER AFTER, LOVE, STARFISH, and I AM EVERY GOOD THING.
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.