|Rules and Sponsor|
|These Official Rules (the “Rules”) govern the “IFAW World of Animals Art Contest” (the “Contest”), a contest sponsored by the International Fund for Animal Welfare, Inc. (“IFAW”), a Massachusetts nonprofit corporation located at 290 Summer Street, Yarmouth Port, MA 02675, and administered by WeAreTeachers through MDR, a Dun & Bradstreet Company. See here for more details: http://www.weareteachers.com/contest/the-ifaw-world-of-animals-art-contest. By entering this Contest, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Rules and be bound by them.|
|Who May Enter|
- The Contest is open to residents of the fifty (50) United States plus the District of Columbia who are enrolled in pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade as November 21, 2016.
- Employees of IFAW, MDR, and any of their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses), and any persons living in the same household of an employee of IFAW or MDR (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WHERE PROHIBITED OR INELIGIBLE UNDER THESE RULES.
|How to Enter|
|To enter the Contest, eligible participants must create and submit an original piece of artwork as follows:|
- IFAW welcomes artwork entries in the form of paintings or drawings inspired by one or more of the animals that IFAW rescues and protects around the world, which includes without limitation, elephants, whales, seals, bears, tigers, cats and dogs. You can learn more information about the animals IFAW rescues and protects at ifaw.org.
- All artwork entries must be created by hand using markers, crayons, colored pencils and/or paint. No artwork containing photographs, photocopies, tracing or computer-generated designs will be accepted.
- All entries must be submitted on a standard sheet of paper between 8.5 x 11 and 9 x 12 inches in size. Only paper entries will be accepted.
- No mechanically reproduced entries or faxes will be accepted.
- Only one entry per person.
- No group submissions will be considered. Each entry must have been completed by just one student as listed on the entry form.
- Each submitted artwork entry must be the original work of the respective entrant and must be his/her property.
- A fully and validly completed Entry Form must be sent along with the artwork entry. The Entry Form can be found here: http://www.weareteachers.com/contest/the-ifaw-world-of-animals-art-contest. A parent or legal guardian of all participants who are minors at the time of entry must sign the Entry Form.
- All submissions shall be mailed to: The IFAW World of Animals Art Contest, c/o WeAreTeachers, 6 Armstrong Road #301, Shelton, CT 06484.
- All submissions must be postmarked during the Promotion Period to be eligible for entry. The Promotion Period for this year’s Contest shall begin on November 21, 2016, and shall end on March 30, 2017.
- Each participant and his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable, acknowledges that he/she has read, understands and agrees to be bound by these Rules. By submitting an entry, you warrant that your entry complies with all the requirements set out in these Rules.
- ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF IFAW ON SUBMISSION AND WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- Entries must not contain any content or material that:
- infringes or violates any copyright, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity; or
- is or might be regarded as harassing, threatening, abusive, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit, racist or otherwise objectionable, inappropriate or unlawful.
- Any entry which in IFAW and/or MDR’s opinion contains any such content or material shall be disqualified from the Contest in IFAW and/or MDR’s discretion.
|Judging and Prizes|
- Judging of the winning entries will be performed by a panel of five (5) judges selected by IFAW and MDR in their discretion, and will be based on originality, creativity and adherence to these Rules. The decisions of the panel shall be final.
- Twelve (12) "Winners"and twelve (12) "Honorable Mentions" will be chosen by a panel of judges based on originality, creativity and adherence to the Official Contest Rules. Winners will be announced by May 17, 2017.
- All entrants may download a free “Certificate of Participation” available on the website, weareteachers.com/wp-content/uploads/ifaw-contest -certificate.
- The first 2,000 entrants will receive an IFAW 2017 calendar featuring artwork from last year’s contest winners.
- All Winners of the IFAW World of Animals Art Contest will receive: A set of colored pencils in a tin case, an animal coloring book, a sketch pad, a 4-color animal poster, 11"X14,” and a free item from IFAW World of Animals storefront. All “Honorable Mention” awarded participants will receive the following: A 4-color animal poster, 11”X14.”
- The retail value of the “Winners” Prize is $40.00. The retail value of the “Honorable Mention” prize is $3.00.
- Prizes are not transferable, nor are there substitutions or cash redemptions, except at IFAW’s discretion where a prize becomes unavailable.
- In addition, all winners will have their artwork entry featured on the IFAW website, ifaw.org/animal-action-contest following the end of the Promotion Period. A selection of the winners’ and other entrants’ submissions also may be chosen by IFAW, in IFAW’s sole discretion, to be featured at IFAW’s international headquarters, on IFAW-branded merchandise, and/or in IFAW’s promotional and other materials, such as (without limitation) calendars, classroom posters, greeting cards, contest promotions, brochures, and newsletters. By entering this Contest, each entrant hereby grants IFAW the right to use his/her first name only, age and likeness to credit his/her submission, when feasible and appropriate in IFAW’s sole discretion, in connection with such purposes.
- Winners and Honorable Mention contestants will be notified of their selection via the email address provided with their respective entry forms on or before May 17, 2017.
- IFAW will post a list of winners on IFAW’s website once the winners have been notified; the winner’s list will be available online or upon request for at least 90 days.
- Within seven (7) days of notice being sent to the winner that he/she has won a prize, the winner must contact IFAW at AAE_US@ifaw.org to accept the prize.
- In the event the winner does not contact IFAW to accept the prize after several reasonable requests, IFAW reserves the right to select an alternate winner or not award the prize.
- All prizes won by minors will be awarded to his/her parent or legal guardian.
- Only the Contest winners and honorable mention winners will be notified of the Contest outcome.
- All winners (both Winners and Honorable Mention entrants) agree to cooperate fully for publicity purposes if so required by IFAW.
|Chances of Winning|
- NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION IS NECESSARY.
- A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- THE ODDS OF WINNING WILL VARY DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- OFFER IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless IFAW, MDR, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, losses, damages, costs and any other liabilities arising out of their participation in this Contest and the acceptance of any prize awarded hereunder.
- Neither IFAW or MDR, nor any of their respective subsidiaries or affiliated companies, shall be responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted, corrupted, delayed, postponed, suspended or cancelled.
- IFAW and MDR are not liable for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or incorrect entries.
- All taxes are the sole responsibility of the entrants.
- IFAW is not responsible for any tampering with this Contest (e.g., hackers, viruses, automated entry devices and other).
- IFAW takes the protection of your personal information very seriously. Information about contest entrants will be collected by IFAW and MDR solely for the purpose of administering the Contest.
- In addition, any teachers, parents or guardians of entrants who request on the Entry Form to receive information about IFAW’s Animal Action Education Program and/or IFAW Action Alerts and email updates, will be added to the designated IFAW distribution list(s). Any person who has requested to be added to IFAW’s distribution list(s) may unsubscribe at any time by following the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from IFAW.
|Other Important Information|
- By entering this Contest, each entrant and teacher (if applicable) agrees that he/she is complying with his/her school’s privacy and other policies, including any policies regarding the sharing of student work beyond the school setting.
- By entering this contest, each entrant grants IFAW a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publish and create derivative works of and otherwise use his/her submitted artwork entry in connection with IFAW’s mission and activities as well as this Contest, in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter developed, including (without limitation) in IFAW’s offices, in publications, on websites, and other promotional materials, as well as on merchandise. IFAW reserves the right to edit entries prior to publication as deemed fit or appropriate.
- Each entrant agrees that IFAW does not need to obtain additional consent from him/her relating to, or to notify him/her prior to, the use of any submitted artwork entries. IFAW will credit the entrant when feasible at IFAW’s sole discretion.
- IFAW’s decisions (and those of the judging panel) are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- IFAW reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the Contest at any time as deemed necessary and appropriate by IFAW in its sole discretion, if it believes the Contest is not capable of being conducted as set out in these Rules, or in case of technical failures or any other issues outside of its control that could affect the normal course of the Contest. IFAW also reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Official Rules.
- This Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflict of law rules. The forum for any dispute shall be in Massachusetts.
|Questions? Contact IFAW: AAE_US@ifaw.org|