If it were up to us, every day would be teacher appreciation day!
We’re giving away 25
teacher appreciation boxes
filled with teacher goodies!
teacher appreciation boxes
filled with teacher goodies!
Take a selfie in
Upload it to Instagram or
Twitter with #TeachLikeABoss.
Twitter with #TeachLikeABoss.
Cross your fingers & wait!
We’ll notify winners on
Monday, June 4.
We’ll notify winners on
Monday, June 4.
WeAreTeachers #TeachLikeABoss Teacher Appreciation Contest
OFFICIAL RULESNO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING.
CONTEST TIMING: The WeAreTeachers #TeachLikeABoss Contest (the “Contest”) entry period begins on May 1, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET“) and ends on May 31, 2018 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Entry Period”). All Eligible Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and, if compliant, will be made available for judging. The Judges will judge all eligible entries to determine 25 winning entries. The Administrator’s database clock will be the timekeeper for the Contest.
Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Market Data Retrieval (“MDR”), 6 Armstrong Road, Suite #301, Shelton, CT 06484 (the “Sponsor” and “Judge”), and/or WYNG, 360 Park Avenue S., 20th Floor, NY, NY 10010 (the “Administrator”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
- ELIGIBILITY: You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to enter the Contest and a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia at the time of entry, and also currently employed full- or part-time as an educator by an accredited public or private K-12 school in the United States (“Entrant”). Sponsor, Administrator, WeAreTeachers, and each of its companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You must post an original photo or selfie in your classroom on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #TeachLikeABoss and tag @WeAreTeachers. (“Eligible Entry”).
- Your Eligible Entry must comply with these Official Rules and may not contain any of the Prohibited Content set forth below.
Limit: Unlimited entries per person per calendar day (ET) during the Entry Period.
Follow these steps to enter:
Proof of delivery or receipt of entry will not be deemed by the Sponsor as proof of entry into the Contest. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries are subject to verification and approval by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the requirements for the photo or video specified below or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein will be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or technical failures impair the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and to award the prize(s) based on Eeligible Entries received prior to the cancellation. If you opt to access the Contest via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ACROSS ANY OR ALL OF THE SPONSOR’S AND OTHER RELEASED PARTIES’ DIGITAL AND SOCIAL ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, including for use in advertising and marketing, without limitation, and without consideration to Entrant.
Entries must not violate the rights of any other party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights or rights of privacy/publicity.
Entry submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any material or content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- includes obscene or offensive messages; endorsement of any form of hate or hate group; duplication of any other photo or video submission;
- promotes terrorist acts, such as providing instructions on how assemble bombs, grenades and other such weapons or providing instructional information about illegal activities;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its customers or products or other people or companies;
- includes personal identification, such as personal names or e-mail addresses;
- includes messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which the Sponsor wishes to associate;
- infringes the rights of any third party; and/or
- violates any law;
Entry Notes: Entrant will be able to review his or her entry prior to submission, but once any entry is submitted, Entrant cannot access/revise such entry in any way. Entries made on another’s behalf by any individuals or other entities, including but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for the Contest. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in his sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. By entering, all Entrants release the Sponsor, Judge, Administrator, WeAreTeachers, Twitter and Instagram, and their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities including, all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, attorneys, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from and against all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with each Entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or his/her receipt or use of the prize awarded in the Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for problems downloading or uploading any Contest-related information to or from the web site or for any other technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or the web site, or any other technical problems related to web site entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”)/ODDS OF WINNING:
Twenty-five (25) Prizes: Twenty-five (25) people will win a teacher appreciation box (valued at $75) filled with teacher goodies. The winners will be selected the week of 6/4/2018.
LIMIT: One (1) prize per person.
Any prize winner with a prize value greater than $600 will receive an IRS tax form 1099. will be issued in the winner’s name if required by law. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
Judging Criteria: The Judges will judge each Eligible Entry based on the following equally weighted criteria.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Contest winner will be notified via email, direct message or by phone by the Sponsor requesting confirmation of the winner’s name age and complete mailing address. The winner is subject to verification. Potential winner may, in Sponsor’s discretion, also be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release and W-9 tax payer request for identification, within (5) calendar days of attempted notification. If a potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within (5) calendar days, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or if a potential winner fails to complete and return any required affidavit or release within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner defined as the next entry with highest Judges score (“Alternate Winner”). Once eligibility has been verified and the Sponsor receives the prize winner’s requested information, the Sponsor will arrange to award the prize. Prize winner must reply with all required information in order to receive their prize.
PUBLICITY RELEASE/ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: Entry constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use Entrant’s entry materials, name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes“), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Promotion Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
Submission of an entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to record, copy, publish, use, edit, exhibit, distribute, perform, merchandise, license, sublicense, adapt and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation and without any compensation to the entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights.
- DISQUALIFICATION: CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to disparage, annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. No incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: None of the Released Parties shall be held responsible for, and Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from any claims arising from or in any way relating to: (i) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information or technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest (vi) use of any prize and (vii) the judging process including the outcome of the Contest.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter or Instagram. You are submitting your information to Sponsor and not Twitter or Instagram.
By entering, each Entrant fully releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, damages, and demands arising out of or relating to participation in the Contest, the Contest and Sweepstakes process and/or any use of the winner’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information as permitted hereunder, including without limitation all claims, liabilities, damages, and demands based on any personal injury, property damages or loss or death. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or the use of the microsite.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the federal or state courts located in the State of Connecticut (and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of any kind arising under or relating to these Official Rules), (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Connecticut, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules principles (whether of the State of Connecticut or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of Connecticut.
WINNERS LIST: To obtain the name of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Abigail Gilman, MDR, 6 Armstrong Road, Suite #301, Shelton, CT 06484. All such requests must be received by June 8, 2018.
The use of any prize manufacturer, name or trademark in connection with any of the prizes is solely for the purpose of describing such prize and is not intended to suggest any affiliation or sponsorship.
- Prize Package(s)