We know the impact traumatic life experiences have on our students. So many of us spend our prep periods, lunch breaks, and weekends looking for the best strategies to help create positive, healthy environments for our students. But it’s hard to know which ideas are best, which lessons will be most effective, and how we can create classrooms that help our students flourish. That’s why Starr Commonwealth is giving away teacher grants to educators who want to become certified trauma and resilience specialists.
- 3 Grand Prize winners will receive the online training Platinum Package to become a Certified Trauma and Resilience Specialist.
- 5 Second-Place winners will receive the online training Gold Package to become a Certified Trauma and Resilience Specialist.
- 10 Third-Place winners will receive the online training Foundations Package to become a Certified Trauma and Resilience Specialist.
Why should I get certified?
Starr Certified Trauma & Resilience Specialists (CTRS) gain a fundamental understanding of:
- The impact toxic stress, life experiences, and trauma have on learning
- The role resilience plays in creating positive future health outcomes
- New tools and skills to heal trauma/toxic stress from life experiences
- How to build student resilience in educational settings
How do I earn my certification?
After educators receive the grants and successfully complete Starr’s 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School eCourse and pass the final exam with a score of 75% or better, the certification is yours. Upon completion, your certification credentials will be available on the course page. Your badge will be emailed to you, and it is yours to display forever!