Help students build resilience through mindfulness, trauma-informed teaching practices, classroom behavioral support, and more. Check out the free resources, activities, and articles brought to you by STARR Commonwealth.
We know the impact traumatic life experiences have on our students. So many of us spend our prep periods, lunch breaks, and weekends looking for the best strategies to help create positive, healthy environments for our students. But it’s hard to know which ideas are best, which lessons will be most effective, and how we can create classrooms that help our students flourish. That’s why Starr Commonwealth is giving away teacher grants to educators who want to become certified trauma and resilience specialists.
- 3 Grand-Prize winners will receive access to the 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Platinum Package
- 5 Second-Place winners will receive access to the 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Gold Package
- 10 Third-Place winners will receive access to the 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Foundations Package
Why should I get certified?
Starr Certified Trauma & Resilience Specialists (CTRS) gain a fundamental understanding of:
- The impact toxic stress, life experiences, and trauma have on learning
- The role resilience plays in creating positive future health outcomes
- New tools and skills to heal trauma/toxic stress from life experiences
- How to build student resilience in educational settings
How do I earn my certification?
After educators receive the grants and successfully complete Starr’s 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School eCourse and pass the final exam with a score of 75% or better, the certification is yours. Upon completion, your certification credentials will be available on the course page. Your badge will be emailed to you, and it is yours to display forever!
- Prize Package(s)
- Three (3) Grand-Prize winners will receive access to the 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Platinum Package (value: $249 each)
- Five (5) Second-Place winners will receive access to the 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Gold Package (value: $149 each)
- Ten (10) Third-Place winners will receive access to the 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Foundations Package ($99 each)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central time on April 10, 2023.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winner will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by April 17, 2023.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Winners receive: 3 (three) Grand-Prize Winners will each receive 1 (one) 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Platinum Package. 5 (five) Second-Place Winners will each receive 1 (one) 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Gold Package. 10 (ten) Third-Place Winners will each receive 1 (one) 10 Steps to Create a Trauma-Informed Resilient School Foundations Package.
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.