Stocking your school with hand sanitizers and posting signs about proper hand-washing aren’t the only thing you can do to help stop the spread of illness in classrooms this year. Thanks to a partnership with Lysol, all families and staff at your school can apply for a FREE Kinsa Smart Thermometer plus access to Kinsa’s app.
Kinsa and Lysol are both on a similar quest—to support families to live healthier lives. Since early detection and disinfection are both critical steps in stopping the spread of illness, Lysol and Kinsa join forces this cold-and-flu season to help keep your family and your school healthy!
What’s the catch?
There is none! Lysol teamed up with Kinsa to giveaway 15,000 Kinsa Smart Thermometers to 200 schools. Just fill out the simple form on this page to apply for the free program.
How does it work?
Each time parents take their child’s temperature, the thermometer instantly and anonymously communicates with the app to help your school stay ahead of an illness outbreak. You can check the app at any time to see, for example, that there are currently six instances of fever and four instances of sore throat in your school. You’ll be able to look at the data, but the family’s information is kept private. Additionally, with tips and access to disinfecting products from Lysol, parents are able to help stop the spread of illness. The result? Fewer illnesses and absences in your community.
Watch this video below to find out how FLUency helped stop the spread of illness at this elementary school:
The 200 schools that are accepted into Kinsa’s FLUency School Health Program will receive one (1) Kinsa Smart Thermometer for every family and staff member in the school. (Each thermometer is valued at $20).
Back to top
|No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who at the time of entry are a) eighteen (18) years of age or older and b) currently employed full- or part-time as an educator by an accredited public or private K–12 school in the United States. WeAreTeachers is the official administrator of this program and Kinsa is the Sponsor. Employees of WeAreTeachers or the Sponsor and their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate families and household members (parent, spouse, child or sibling) of each are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
|Entry Rules and Agreements
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on October 24, 2017.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. school address for Kinsa Smart Thermometer fulfillment. Thermometers will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
|Winner Selection Rules and Agreements
- The 200 schools will be selected from submitted applications received on WeAreTeachers.com for this program by October 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
- Kinsa will contact each school to provide acceptance status on its application to receive the free Kinsa Smart Thermometers and the supporting free app for families enrolled in the school.
- Acceptance into the Kinsa FLUency Health program is competitive based on schools being an accredited public or private school that serves any grade combination of students PreK–8 and has a school nurse who will agree to lead the program roll-out in their school that includes distribution of the free Kinsa Smart Thermometers and usage of the free Kinsa app to families enrolled at the school.
- Program fulfillment and shipping of the Kinsa Smart Thermometer are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill products given away. Products unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of the Kinsa Smart Thermometer is for illustrative purposes only. All products are awarded as-is with the standard packaged product warranty.
- The 200 schools that are accepted into Kinsa’s FLUency School Health Program will receive one (1) Kinsa Smart Thermometer for every family and staff member in the school. (Each thermometer is valued at $20).
- Products are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a product of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number and or value of products stated in the Rules are available to be won. All products will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received.
|General Program and Rules & Terms
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner(s) announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel, or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Products may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with products are the responsibility of the winners.