This 30-week SEL curriculum for grades K-6 provides a standards-based program to teaching social and emotional learning through a literacy-based approach.
Books and stories can help kids name and recognize their feelings, empathize with others, and understand different points of view. Want to harness the power of reading to teach those all-important social-emotional skills? First, you’ll need some books. Our friends at Rosen want to help you make SEL the cornerstone of your literacy instruction, which is why they’re giving away a classroom collection of SEL titles … specifically for your grade level (K-6)!
Three lucky teachers will win:
- 6-packs of each of 25-50 books (depending on your grade level), each highlighting a specific skill within one of the five CASEL competencies: Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, and Responsible Decision-Making.
- 6-packs of each of 5 graphic cards, one for each of the CASEL five competencies.
- 1 detailed instructional guide with a lesson plan for each book.
- 5 labeled storage bins sized.
- Prize Package(s)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on January 3, 2022.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by January 7, 2022.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: Three (3) winners will each receive one (1) Rosen Focus on Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum Set - Classroom Print Collection (6-packs of titles). Each prize valued between $1,300 - $1,650 depending on grade level. (Total prize value up to $4,950.)
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.