“I really don’t need more picture books for my classroom,” said no teacher ever. And when those picture books mirror the experiences of your students, even better. With our friends at Lexia Learning, we’ve put together a beautiful collection of books that reflect the identities of multilingual and emergent bilingual students. Each book matches one of the characters from their Lexia® English Language Development™ program.
Twenty-five (25) winners will each receive a bundle of 10 picture books!
- Abshir (Somalia): Mama’s Shawl
- Annie (Vietnam): A Different Pond
- Esther (Haiti): Mama’s Nightingale
- Farah (Egypt): The Arabic Quilt
- Isko (Philippines): Cora Cooks Pancit
- Juan (Mexico): Dreamers
- Lela (Korea): Bee-Bim Bop!
- Mei (China): Eyes That Kiss in the Corners
- Sarika (India): Where Three Oceans Meet
- Sasha (Russia): Anya’s Secret Society