In these uncertain times, reading feels more important than ever. That’s why we’re grateful to our friends at Harper Perennial for giving away ten beloved books to ten lucky teachers. Save them for your classroom when schools reopen, or give them to students who could use them now.
This collection of ten high school English classroom essentials includes classics both new and old, including Roxane Gay’s insightful collection of essays, Bad Feminist; Aldous Huxley’s ever-relevant dystopian satire, Brave New World; and Louise Erdrich’s National Book Award winner, The Round House.
If you’re one of 10 lucky high school teacher winners, you’ll score all of these amazing titles:
- Bad Feminist | Roxane Gay
- The Bean Trees | Barbara Kingsolver
- Brave New World | Aldous Huxley
- The Bridge of San Luis Rey | Thornton Wilder
- House Made of Dawn | N. Scott Momaday
- How to Read Poetry Like a Professor | Thomas C. Foster
- Native Son | Richard Wright
- Pilgrim at Tinker Creek | Annie Dillard
- The Round House | Louise Erdrich
- To Kill a Mockingbird | Harper Lee
- Plus, a limited edition Harper Perennial tote bag!
Make sure you also sign up for the HarperCollins newsletter to find out about the latest titles for your classroom, links to resources, and exclusive exam copy offers.
- Prize Package(s)
- All entries must be submitted using the online form by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on April 13, 2020.
- Entrants must follow the entry instructions. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programming or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
- All entrants must be legal residents of the United States of America with a current U.S. address for prize fulfillment. Prizes that require shipment will not be shipped internationally.
- Each entrant may only submit one completed form.
- Winners will be selected by random drawing and announced on the WeAreTeachers website by April 16, 2020.
- All published prizes from the Sponsor are fulfilled by the Sponsor and are the sole responsibility of the Sponsor. The Sponsor is responsible for contacting winners and fulfilling all other related prizes directly to the winners.
- WeAreTeachers and its Sponsors make every attempt to fulfill prizes. Prizes unclaimed after 60 days are not awarded.
- Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. All prizes are awarded as-is and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes received.
- Prizing: Ten (10) winners will each receive one copy of the following books: Bad Feminist, The Bean Trees, Brave New World, Bridge of San Luis Rey, House Made of Dawn, How to Read Poetry Like a Professor, Native Son, Pilgrim at Teacher Creek, The Round House, To Kill a Mockingbird, and one Tote Bag valued at $162.90.
- Product prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted.
- Only the number of prizes stated in the Rules is available to be won. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries is received.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to extend the submission deadline and/or winner announcement.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor reserve the right to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion or any part of it.
- WeAreTeachers and the program Sponsor are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, or Promotion malfunctions or other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
- WeAreTeachers and the Sponsor retain the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these rules. All decisions are final and discretionary. The laws of the State of Connecticut shall govern this Promotion. The courts of Connecticut shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Rules and/or this Promotion. All participants and winners agree, by their participation in the Promotion, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Connecticut. Prizes may be considered income, and any and all taxes associated with prizes are the responsibility of the winners.